Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Reading around it, it may be my troubles finding a game are because my NAT has changed to moderate. It used to be open.

I have tried all port forwarding solutions, reset firewall, flushed DNS etc etc but its locked to moderate.

Any ideas?

EDIT, I wont be using a DMZ for obvious reasons, so that's not a suggestion I am going to follow, sorry!

My NAT type has always been moderate i think.
What ISP? I'm on Hyperoptic FTTP (150Mb/150Mb) No issues apart from a week or so ago when i was getting disconnected - but the connection kept dropping in and out all day then, so isp problems

Soldato
Anyone having really bad fps drops when zooming using a variable sniper scope? My FPS will tank just as I'm entering the zoom and stutter like mad, not sure if this is a recent issue as I don't recall it happening before!
I've not experienced it. However, the first thing that comes to mind to try is to change the rendering option for scopes - I think you can change how the image around the scope is rendered (i.e. the detail of the background you see that isn't viewed through the optic).

Associate
Ive been having a lot of issues with MW on pc lately. I couldnt get on for 2 days straight as it kept saying could not connect to blizzard and then when i get on my fps we taking a hammering for no reason at all. I finally got back on yesterday and everything was back to normal i wonder what is causing these issues

Soldato
allow dmz just to see if that works.

DMZ on your PC should be fine

Setting PC network IP to be the default DMZ server has enabled open NAT in game.

So I can confirm that works. Would this suggest that there are ports the game is using that aren't being forwarded? I have opened every port I can find in relation to battle.net and modern warfare, but it only takes one that isn't being forwarded to muck it up.

EDIT: so NAT is now open but I cant get a match below 100 ping on core TDM (6v6)

MM just sits at <200ms then finally finds a game but >100 ping in all 3 maps just played. =/

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive been having a lot of issues with MW on pc lately. I couldnt get on for 2 days straight as it kept saying could not connect to blizzard and then when i get on my fps we taking a hammering for no reason at all. I finally got back on yesterday and everything was back to normal i wonder what is causing these issues
Problems connecting to Blizzard servers (for me) was my ISP being turd

Soldato
I've only been playing Warzone (not a lot of gun attachments unlocked!) and I'm tempted to buy the full game to help speed up the levelling of guns. How are people finding the MP with randoms? I only play Warzone with friends as playing with randoms never starts or ends well :D

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Standard is on sale for £37.49 and well worth it in my opinion. Ends on the 26th
Is it really worth it? I enjoy Warzone. Be it quads, trios, solo or even plunder. It's perfect when you can play with your mates. Solo on your own is brilliant, as long you know what you're doing.

Last cod game I purchased was black ops 2. I do want to buy the god damn game. I just have a feeling I may rage quite the game like I did with black ops 2:o:p

Soldato
Is it really worth it? I enjoy Warzone. Be it quads, trios, solo or even plunder. It's perfect when you can play with your mates. Solo on your own is brilliant, as long you know what you're doing.

Last cod game I purchased was black ops 2. I do want to buy the god damn game. I just have a feeling I may rage quite the game like I did with black ops 2:o:p

Yes. Search and Destroy and CyberAttack is sometimes good with randoms. People actually talk and sometimes work as a team
The last I purchased before this one was COD 4 and before that COD 1 & 2 (original ones)

I've said it before, this is the best of all the series and actually the best game I have ever played. Is must be for a game I have played for literally over a week in play time combined.
Most others games I get bored of after an hour or so but the unlocks, maps, challenges and changing game modes keep this fresh

Associate
Hi does anyone experience micro-stuttering / micro-lag with a RX 5700 XT and this game? I'm playing at 1080p, V-sync ON, the first game works ok, the following one start lagging and i have to restart the game from desktop, anyone else in the same situation?

Soldato
What does everyone feel about TAC lasers on ARs? They obviously add quite a bit of accuracy, control & hip to fire speed but give away your position showing the laser.
I tend to not use them because of this but noticed others often do.
Is it really easy for the enemy to notice the green laser?

Soldato
What does everyone feel about TAC lasers on ARs? They obviously add quite a bit of accuracy, control & hip to fire speed but give away your position showing the laser.
I tend to not use them because of this but noticed others often do.
Is it really easy for the enemy to notice the green laser?
Don't forget different lasers behave differently - some are visible only to you at all times, others turn off when you're ADS, others only turn on when you're ADS. Worth watching some YouTube guides as the descriptions in game are pretty crap.

Soldato
Thee green higher powered tac lasers are easy to see in my opinion. Depends on your play style though. If your a run and gun and want that increase in gun up speed and hip fire accuracy it's not a bad option.

But if your a sniper or you play a style of pre aiming corners and ads a lot when not shooting at anything it gives your position away easily.

Just experiment and see what fits. It's what I'm doing at the moment. Just reconfigured my entire control scheme to make it flow better. Only I haven't learned it yet so keep going prone instead of lobbing a grenade! I will get there though lol :p

Also im exploring the limitations of thermal optics. Initially found them really OP. But using them more I feel they are great for head on stuff but lateral moving enemies are a nightmare if you lose them from your reticule, particularly at medium to longer ranges. Multi enemy engagements are also tricky.

Also lost count of the times I have be caught out by players using the cold blooded perk.

I'm starting to think ironsights might be the way to go.

Soldato
Don't forget different lasers behave differently - some are visible only to you at all times, others turn off when you're ADS, others only turn on when you're ADS. Worth watching some YouTube guides as the descriptions in game are pretty crap.
ADS - aim down sight?
I thought red laser is not visible to enemy, 5mw is visible all the time TAC is only visible when aiming down sight

Soldato
ADS - aim down sight?
I thought red laser is not visible to enemy, 5mw is visible all the time TAC is only visible when aiming down sight
almost.

red laser = not visible. 5mw - only visible when not ADS. Tac is only visible when ADS

I'm starting to think ironsights might be the way to go.

I try to use the iron sights 90% of the time. Frees up another attachment

Soldato
I try to use the iron sights 90% of the time. Frees up another attachment

I like scopes as you get a slightly higher level of zoom as you ADS and your vision isnt obscured by your gun.

Whereas with ironsights things are always going to appear further away and enemies obscured by the gun model and ironsights themselves. Not sure the trade off is worth it vs something like a mini reflex. I read they are only 1ms slower than ironsights to ADS.

Soldato
I quite like the scopes, purely because iron sights tent to block some of the view.

Integral hybrid is what im using at the moment on a modded xrk m4 (without tac laser, with strippled grip tape)

I have also noticed the m16 stock on the xrk m4 is different to the m16 stock and none of the other stocks either.

This therefore seems some attachments are only available on weapon blueprints and ones collected in games like ‘the purist’

Back
Top Bottom