• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Control freeze/hang up

Associate
Hello. Never happened like this in this game,Control Remedy. I was able to run game 24 hours without issue. But Today game just freeze,hang up. Mouse not responding,keyboard not responding. CTRL ALT DELETE logout from system.
Event viewer nothing about crash,no driver crash. Just simply game freeze hangs. Killed in task manager i.

I have 2080 Ti Aorus NO OC stock,9700K Stock.

Any ideas why that happened? My pc are stable. But i dont know if something is broken in pc?

I remember that on this day i do something inside pc case. I changed position of GPU AIO cable ,because cable get inside of back case exhaust fan. So fan was not turning. So i just move position of cable to not interfere with fan.
And after that i run CONTROL and after 2-3 hours game freeze. Something like that never happened ,game never freeze on this pc for me.
So maybe i just damaged something in pc or that was coincedence?

pc:
9700K stock
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ
AORUS Z390 PRO GAMING
Seasonic TX 750 ULTRA TITANIUM
Aorus Rtx 2080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme

Associate
OP
Yes latest nvidia drivers. In the same day i change place of AIO gpu cable because was interfering with back exhaust case fan. Maybe i something damaged? Or coincedence?
Also that happened once i cant reproduce.

Associate
OP
It happened again. I reproduced that. After 20 hours. All freezes,character stop moving,mouse not reacting,keyboard stop responding. All i can do is to CTRL ALT DELETE and kill game in task manager. No display driver crash,no app crash in event log.

Associate
It happened again. I reproduced that. After 20 hours. All freezes,character stop moving,mouse not reacting,keyboard stop responding. All i can do is to CTRL ALT DELETE and kill game in task manager. No display driver crash,no app crash in event log.
After 19 hours, quit the game and go to bed.

Associate
In other benchmarks i dont have any issues
I have no idea what that means.

You seem to have the same issue with your xbox too:

Hello. I have a question. I left running Metro Exodus for hours ,when i go to work. When i back after 21 hours i see it crashed exactly on 20 hour in running. I left running game in EPISODE:DESERT ( 3 ).

Hello. My question is. Today I turn on Division 2 after console being idle overnight , and when i was on loading 14% its shuts off. So i turn back on again console. Is my XBox One X faulty? I have plugged to wall directly,to power cord. There was not power outage.

put more money in the meter.

Associate
Oh this problem again. I'd advise leaving all your games running all the time then starting a daily thread every time you have a crash or freeze. That way you'll be able to get a handle on which games may or not be doing it. Then take your PC apart completely, re-assemble and report back after re-installing windows.

Soldato
You need to log the system stats with hwinfo and see how temps fluctuate & change, as well as other stats. If you are not monitoring & recording then you don't know what's going on.

Leaving games running for so long though can introduce weird issues as well, so who knows. Might also be the RAM, or just some weird software inconsistencies relating to continuous usage.

Back
Top Bottom