BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
Thank you... Yes so BT price promise states
Your bill won’t go up when your contract ends and you’ll never pay more than a new customer.

LOL. I mentioned that the website was cheaper than the £74 I was offered.

Have sent Philip Jansen an email!!!
Where does it say that. It specifically said the bill will go up for me.

When is the earliest safe time I can order it considering my Plusnet contract isn't up until the 28th.
Wouldn't want to order it and they change over in record time before that date?

Associate
How would you go about doing this if you’ve never had a phone line? All the checkers say I can get FTTC with very high speeds based on postcode but nothing about FTTP on any of the checkers. Fibre cabinet is 30m from my house and there are BT telephone poles to most houses on the street.

Soldato
How would you go about doing this if you’ve never had a phone line? All the checkers say I can get FTTC with very high speeds based on postcode but nothing about FTTP on any of the checkers. Fibre cabinet is 30m from my house and there are BT telephone poles to most houses on the street.
Your street would need to have been fitted out with FTTP you'd notice an extra device on the poles.

Soldato
I know it was posted they are taking orders again but didn’t see an official statement on it. Also interesting we will be completing the process via a video call and need to confirm we have watched a safety video before they attend (link in the comments)
Video call what for.
When I looked before it had 2nd of June as a date.
But I can't risk the landline switching over sooner which I know happens.
Only a week to wait i guess before I can order.

Soldato
Does anyone on Vodafone FTTC experience delays when clicking links on web pages, refreshing Instagram and Facebook etc? Everything loads very quickly on 4G but my FTTC connection has a noticeable delay.

I've switched the DNS servers on the Vodafone router to Google and Cloudflare but it didn't make a difference. Tempted to switch back to my trusty old TP-Link router/modem to see if it's any better.

I'm using the same Ubiquiti AP that I was using when I was with TalkTalk so it's not the Vodafone router's WiFi acting up (I've disabled it).

Soldato
Does anyone on Vodafone FTTC experience delays when clicking links on web pages, refreshing Instagram and Facebook etc? Everything loads very quickly on 4G but my FTTC connection has a noticeable delay.

I've switched the DNS servers on the Vodafone router to Google and Cloudflare but it didn't make a difference. Tempted to switch back to my trusty old TP-Link router/modem to see if it's any better.

I'm using the same Ubiquiti AP that I was using when I was with TalkTalk so it's not the Vodafone router's WiFi acting up (I've disabled it).

I had this using Vodafone's DNS servers, noticeably faster using Cloudfare DNS on a Raspberry pi running pihole. I've always used a Netgear D7000 on the connection.

Associate
News is that Sky will launch there FTTP beginning of June. Be interesting to see what the pricing is.

Ooooo how interesting! If that's the case I'll hold out then, as I'm currently with Sky on a 80/20 package! I doubt they'll have 900mb package though. But will be interesting to see and their pricing against others.

Soldato
I had this using Vodafone's DNS servers, noticeably faster using Cloudfare DNS on a Raspberry pi running pihole. I've always used a Netgear D7000 on the connection.

Cool, thanks. I'm still in the initial 10 day window so my sync speed hasn't stabilised yet. If this persists then I'll switch back to the TP-Link once I can power off the router without upsetting DLM.

Soldato

Yeah on there website for BT Halo which they are trying to get me to upgrade to it says "Your bill won’t go up when your contract ends and you’ll never pay more than a new customer."

So its £49 for Halo 1 (basically same as my legacy Fibre 2 package) or ......... papps just checked its gone up again and changed !

Start again Halo 1 it shows as £54.62, Halo 2 it shows as £61.62

as a new customer it shows

Fibre Essential £27.99
Fibre 1 £27.99
Fibre 2 £34.99

I've complained to Ofcom and Advertising Standards as its all very confusing.

Back
Top Bottom