Diploma with my free time...where to look? (Certified/Free?)

Consigliere
Happy Friday!

As topic really...decided it would be a good idea to focus a bit on something. Funds are a bit of an issue but perhaps could stretch to something if it would be deemed worthwhile.

Are there diplomas currently free due to the situation ongoing? Looking for certified qualification that would enhance my CV basically.

I can be more specific if required...bit new to this! Or maybe i should do something that isn't a diploma? :o

Cheers

Caporegime
Probably best to be specific. There are MOOCs which are free/low cost - often the materials are free but you have to pay if you want a certificate.

Various universities offer diplomas - depends what you want really, there are different types - graduate diploma or graduate certificate generally means courses at undergraduate level... say you graduated in one subject but want to get some exposure to another without completing a full degree. Some people who want to study an MSc without the relevant undergrad in say stats or economics etc.. will take one of these. Ditto to say people who want a career in law but don't have a law degree - they'd take a diploma course.

Post graduate certificates or post graduate diplomas are at masters level - basically a post grad certificate is 1/3 of an MSc and a diploma is 2/3rd - often basically the taught component of an MSc but without the dissertation. IMO if you've done that much then might as well get the full MSc tbh.. but I guess if you already have one or employer is paying for some courses for professional development or something then...

Caporegime
@SideWinder no worries, is there any particular area you're thinking of? Some people reading this thread might have suggestions.

Some non-traditional options out there at the moment too via MOOC providers.

Consigliere
OP
@dowie - I think i was just trying to keep busy but something has come up so no longer looking into this but i am sure it'll help others who read/find this thread. :)

Will take a look at those links you sent, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom