Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
I despise the HDR rifle, the scope on it is absolutely shocking, my fav weapon at the moment is the AUG though i have been enjoying using the MP5.

Soldato
I like the HDR with a low zoom scope.

Sniping is a breeze and allows more situational awareness as the scope doesent take up the whole screen like the stock scope or the other higher zoom variants.

Permabanned
I've only been playing Warzone (not a lot of gun attachments unlocked!) and I'm tempted to buy the full game to help speed up the levelling of guns. How are people finding the MP with randoms? I only play Warzone with friends as playing with randoms never starts or ends well :D

It's ridiculously fun right now with Old Dirty Houseboat or whatever it's called. Loads of weapon XP and it's like Quake 3 in a Call of Duty skin :D

Soldato
I've not experienced it. However, the first thing that comes to mind to try is to change the rendering option for scopes - I think you can change how the image around the scope is rendered (i.e. the detail of the background you see that isn't viewed through the optic).

Weirdly since getting a 2080ti the issue has gone, 1080ti was my previous card.

Soldato
I despise the HDR rifle, the scope on it is absolutely shocking, my fav weapon at the moment is the AUG though i have been enjoying using the MP5.

Agreed. It was by far the worst sniper in the class and easily outclassed by the AX-50 in Core and the Dragunov in Hardcore. I typically use 3.5x or 4x scopes with the snipers but even with those the HDR was terrible. I actually really liked the HDR initially but once you use the other two it becomes apparent how bad it is. I thoroughly hated the double kill challenges with that gun as the kick was just hell to work with.

Associate
Turns out the HDR is best sniper rifle for Warzone. Almost 0 bullet drop and can provide the 1 shot headshot on fully armored enemies. If you don't like the reticle you can change them if you bother to do the challenges.

Associate
Turns out the HDR is best sniper rifle for Warzone. Almost 0 bullet drop and can provide the 1 shot headshot on fully armored enemies. If you don't like the reticle you can change them if you bother to do the challenges.

For long range stuff, absolutely. However the AX50 has a slightly faster ADS, nicer stock optic (not the reticle), and generally handles nicer, which makes it very good at the closer range stuff. The AX50 will also one shot fully armoured with a headshot at most ranges, but due to the longer bullet travel time and drop its much harder to do. With the HDR and the long barrel the thing is effectly hitscan.

Associate
Agreed. It was by far the worst sniper in the class and easily outclassed by the AX-50 in Core and the Dragunov in Hardcore. I typically use 3.5x or 4x scopes with the snipers but even with those the HDR was terrible. I actually really liked the HDR initially but once you use the other two it becomes apparent how bad it is. I thoroughly hated the double kill challenges with that gun as the kick was just hell to work with.

Problem in Multiplayer is there are no maps where there are lines of sight for the HDR's range advantage to come into play, except for some spots in large ground war maps.

Soldato
Problem in Multiplayer is there are no maps where there are lines of sight for the HDR's range advantage to come into play, except for some spots in large ground war maps.

Good point really. I only play 6v6/10v10 and for HC the Dragunov is a perfect sniper as it's still a 1 hit kill, barely any recoil and good mobility.

I will try Ground War and Warzone one day.. maybe. :p

Associate
What input method were they using? It shows you in the lobby with the icons to the right of their name.

Matchmaking prioritises matching KBM with KBM, controller with controller. It will mix if required to create a lobby in a reasonable time as no one wants to be sitting waiting for 10 minutes because there's not enough KBM users in their region to create a reasonably balanced lobby.
Pad.
Non Warzone it quickly matches with k&m with k&m. Not a fan of Warzone so far but might give it another try

Quoting an old post I remembered when watching this... Jackfrags has just posted a video on this re: input method effects on matchmaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Whyt_KKoyk

The game certainly does take input method into account when matchmaking for WZ.

Soldato

I don't have an issue with the HDR. I find it quite effective. I run the pro 29 barrel and pretty much one shot anything to the head or chest from anywhere on the map.

Is the Dragunov one hit kill to the chest in core modes? Or only head?

With the better range of HDR is it increases damage rate and ensures kills not hit markers.

The offset is ADS speed and movement speed is reduced but I cant say it's all that bad and ADS can be speed can be increased with the stock and scope selection.

Soldato
I don't have an issue with the HDR. I find it quite effective. I run the pro 29 barrel and pretty much one shot anything to the head or chest from anywhere on the map.

Is the Dragunov one hit kill to the chest in core modes? Or only head?

With the better range of HDR is it increases damage rate and ensures kills not hit markers.

The offset is ADS speed and movement speed is reduced but I cant say it's all that bad and ADS can be speed can be increased with the stock and scope selection.

I’m sure it works for some but for me it was the worst Sniper by a longshot and not in a rush to use it again! But as others point out it may be a different beast in GW/WZ.

I haven’t played core since about release. I think the Dragunov is only OHK with headshots in core. I can’t imagine this archetype of weapon being balanced if OHK on body shots. That’s what the Kar98k is for!

Soldato
Trying to download this but the speed seems to be capped at a tiny 7 MB/s.

Tried the google fix of using a US- VPN but that is even slower 5-6 MB/s (I'm on a 250 Meg fibre connection).

Never used Blizzard battle thing before, why is it so slow and how do you fix it?

Soldato
I’m sure it works for some but for me it was the worst Sniper by a longshot and not in a rush to use it again! But as others point out it may be a different beast in GW/WZ.

I haven’t played core since about release. I think the Dragunov is only OHK with headshots in core. I can’t imagine this archetype of weapon being balanced if OHK on body shots. That’s what the Kar98k is for!

I think I see the difference. You cant play quick scope roaming with the HDR. It's more of a defensive weapon to hold an area or to whip out to cover the angles across open areas or to pick off campers. I play with overkill so I have my m4 to hand for general running about.

Yeah that's why I was asking about the Dragunov - it would be crazy op to have a semi auto rifle ohk to the chest! Almost as silly as some of the bs shotguns in the game. Lol.

HDR is easy mode - I'm not good enough for quick scope headshots. Slow and steady ohk chest shots are my forte :p

Depending on the lobby I can literally lie in one spot and kill anything that moves and with some careful placement of mines and considered use of my M4, nobody gets close. Course the better players soon put a stop to that so I have to play properly again. Killjoys :p

One guy last night was using flash bangs and running in. He didn't expect to meet the wrong end of an M4. Really stupid thing was it was kandhor hideout and I was lying on the floor next to the white van. Well known camping spot and really easy to deal with. This guy came at me 4 times and died. If only he had of lobbed a grenades instead of flash bangs, or picked me off from afar. I actually felt bad for the guy. I didn't think players could get much worse than me. But that guy.......

Soldato

Tried the google fix of using a US- VPN but that is even slower 5-6 MB/s (I'm on a 250 Meg fibre connection).

Never used Blizzard battle thing before, why is it so slow and how do you fix it?

Generally you dont. Its crap.

Try changing your region by the download progress bar to Asia. Close battlenet and restart it. Might help.

The eu download speeds are crap.

Soldato

It’s not usually like that, I get around 85MB/s through battle net.

Back
Top Bottom