I need a new Shooter

Soldato
OP
In the paid game it does - Team deathmatch, deathmatch, capture the flag (domination) , hardpoint, headquarters, search & destroy, cyberattack, kill confirmed and a few more. There's a mode with tanks and stuff called ground war that I havent even played yet.

The free version is Warzone - A huge 'map' with different parts. Some of these parts make up the maps in the paid version like Atlas Superstore and Vacant - maps you can go play teamdeathmatch or any of the other 10-15 different game modes

Here's an example of how Warzone starts. You fly over and select an area to start, with 150 off people all jumping out at different points as they wish to start their game

Oh and it's crossplay, here i'm playing with one friend on Xbox, me on PC and another on PS4

COD MW Warzone start
qVIfWuo.jpg

I think I wil enjoy MW more so think I'll go for that, the WarZone one looks great aswell though but something about it I think I won't enjoy

Squad, Hell let loose
These two are excellent with Squad being the better game.

I have squad it's a mint game for sure... I am looking at Hell let loose, the WW2 theme is excellent
I would suggest cod as well however the paid cod mw as it's mp is good.

Personally I found Warzone awful

I think MW wil get my vote on payday
Agreed, best WW2 shooter by far imo.

It does look like a good choice, takes me back to the original medal of honour days

Soldato
I think I wil enjoy MW more so think I'll go for that, the WarZone one looks great aswell though but something about it I think I won't enjoy

I have squad it's a mint game for sure... I am looking at Hell let loose, the WW2 theme is excellent

I think MW wil get my vote on payday

It does look like a good choice, takes me back to the original medal of honour days

I woukd recommend the actual COD MW gane before playing Warzone because there will be loads to take in if you drop straight in.

I hated the game first due to the sheer number of items - recon drones, all the different weapon attachments, killstreaks & perks. Coming from COD 1 & COD 2 (originals ones) i was put iff by perks, killstreaks etc. but once you know what they are and how to use them its so much fun. The weapon customisations you only get in the paid game (loadouts)

I spend about as much time changing weapons and making new ones as i do playing the game. You can take an SMG and mod it to make an AR. Or vise versa, or change an AR to a mobile sniper like my AK47 with no stock and an 8x scope. Deadly high powered sniper rifle but terrible recoil.

You then can use there customisations in Warzone (you can buy a loadout drop)

In shorts its a fast paced action fps with a lot of content.

I put hundreds of hours into Squad and loved it but games were often quite boring and too much like a sim.

This is more like MOHAA and SOF2 from back in the golden days if gaming. So many hours spent on those two games :)

Soldato
Try the Skirmish gamemode. It is much smaller scale and faster paced.

Thanks, might give it a try. I dont think just yet though as having too much fun on Solo Battle Royale in COD.
Revenge is sweet, a guy killed me twice with an RPG so third time I dropped back in to the same area and gave him a taste of his own medicine. It did end up killing is both but was worth it

Soldato
If you are looking for strictly realistic games, you are limiting your choices particularly if you are wanting mmo / BR. Which is a shame as theres some quality online FPS titles.

I'd stick with PUBG :)

Arma 3 is worth looking at but isnt MMO. Its more milsim. Still great though. Massive maps and very realistic.

Verdun is a ww1 based game but is not mmo. Very gritty though.

Cs:go is also still a viable, enjoyable skill based shooter. No ADS for most weapons though. Also not mmo. Not overly realistic either

Theres more obscure shooters like hell let loose. Ww2 based mmo but has really steep learning curve, requires squads on comms really and is still early access. Often you will just die and have no idea how. Rinse and repeat. Lots of people in bushes and grass waiting to kill you. If you want to play in a group on comms and you want to put in a loooot of time to learn the game and improve then it could be the game for you.

The new free to play CoD Warzone is popular and the base game is great also. Best CoD in a long time (and I'm generally an outspoken critic of CoD). Other than PUBG I reckon it's the strongest option. Hacked to hell though.

Red orchestra 2 was good but not really mmo and not sure if it's still active. Last time I looked it was only a couple of EU servers running.

Theres insurgency sandstorm but not mmo. It's a tactical shooter.

Battlefield 4 is still active and a great game. It's better than bf1 and v in my opinion.

Other titles that dont fit the brief but are great games:

If your looking at BR type games, Apex Legends is a good choice (it's a spin off from Titanfall). But its futuristic and not realistic. Quality game though.

Titanfall 2 is also good online and it has massive mechs too :) But again its futuristic.

Another MMO type shooter - planetside 2, but its futuristic. But it's free to play and is absolutely massive in scale. Ground forces, aircraft, tanks etc etc. Not sure how active it is now but I would give it a go just to experience it. I have personally never played anything online with such scale. It's like playing a movie scene.

If you like skill based shooters, Quake Live is still really popular. Also free to play. It's based on Quake 3 and still holds up today. But again not realistic.

A more leftfield option is Overwatch. It's a class based team shooter. If you can see past the cartoony exterior it's got a lot of skill based and tactical gameplay elements. Not realistic. Not mmo. But a great game.

As you can see, theres some really great mainstream shooters but the need to be mmo and realistic really reduce your options.

Last edited:
Associate
You may find COD too easy after PUBG, I am terrible at PUBG but rack up high kill games easily in Warzone as everyone seems to run around like headless chickens. Also on the solo mode they got rid of the Gulag and you can re-spawn multiple times if you find enough cash in game, which kind of ruins the suspense for me.

Back
Top Bottom