Podcast Suggestions

Caporegime
Armchair Expert by Dax Shepard.

He interviews everyone from celebrities from Hollywood to medical experts to people like Bill Gates to journalists to sporting giants like Tom Brady. There isn't really any real order except pick a person you know to listen to first. But once I got into it, I find the best interviews to be ones who are experts in their field, like the Ex-FBI hostage negotiator or some of the behavioural psychological experts.

My other ones are more niche

Abroad in Japan - twice a week, just 2 guys talking about things going on in Japan at the moment
Trash Taste - Anime and Japan experience by a couple of british and a half Jap/Aus guy
Gamescoop - Gaming
Kermode/Mayo film - about movies, from the BBC.

Soldato
OP
Armchair Expert by Dax Shepard.

Sounds interesting, although it's a little sad the titles are just people's names. The FBI one sounds interesting, as I'm sure are many others, but with only a list of a hundred or so names, I doubt I'll ever find them! :( **EDIT** Is it the EXPERT ones I look out for, for that kind of episode?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sounds interesting, although it's a little sad the titles are just people's names. The FBI one sounds interesting, as I'm sure are many others, but with only a list of a hundred or so names, I doubt I'll ever find them! :( **EDIT** Is it the EXPERT ones I look out for, for that kind of episode?

you need to read the little description under the title really, it will say “American writer”’ or “Grammy winner” or list the films they were in to give you a clue who they are.

Start with the one with Adam Grant or Malcolm Gladwell or the FBI guy call Chris’s Voss (I liked it so much I got his audio book).

Caporegime
In Pocket Casts I don't get the description until I go into the show.... I'm going through picking a few out though, so will look out for those you mention.

Ah, in Apple's default podcast app it shows 2 lines of text under the title.

I find some of the most random never heard of is just as if not more interesting than some celebrities. The current one with Matthew McConaughey is very interesting so far. There was one (i forgot the name with some expert about the difference in the way the US does rehab vs say Switzerland was very insightful.). Sometimes you just don't know, like I never heard of that FBI guy until now and I found it fascinating.

Associate
Any Questions/Any Answers from BBC Radio 4 - can be quite fun if you're into politics. Pretty fun guessing which pensioners is gonna end their phonecall with a crazy racist statement (happens at least once every few weeks).

More or Less - brilliant for getting the facts about statistics being used in the news

Back
Top Bottom