Official Home Gym Building Thread

Associate
Is there a condensed list of sites that people are finding gear pop up on?

Stuck notifications on a few but so frustrating going onto each site and having to click through each item to see that it is out of stock!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Is there a condensed list of sites that people are finding gear pop up on?

Stuck notifications on a few but so frustrating going onto each site and having to click through each item to see that it is out of stock!

Powerhouse fitness and fitness superstore are the ones you'll have to keep checking, I don't think they have the option to be notified.

What specifically are you looking for?

Soldato
I see powerhouse have a few different dumbbells now... but now I've got some Origin UD2 Urathane, I want to stick with that style! :( I keep checking now and then, I wouldn't mind some 10kg or 12kg (or 22kg if they go that high?) if anyone sees them on sale :)

Associate
Someone had listed the garage gym 2.0 from powerhouse fitness on fb marketplace for £300, there was also a good selection of dumbells.
I said I'd have it and arrange courier to collect which was going to cost £200.
I bet she seller was inundated with messages as without the dumbells it retails for about £940.

Edit: I didn't end up with it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well my origin fitness equipment has arrived already - minus a bar, I assume that will follow. Would have helped if they told me it was being delivered, I was mid meeting! Shame I can’t do much without a bar.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tempted to get this to keep the weights in for the time being - https://www.tigersheds.com/product/tiger-wooden-tool-chest/#prodDesc

I can spread them across the base to even the weight out.

That said, I currently have them on the delivery pallet covered with a tarp next to my workout area. It'll be fine for now, but will no doubt collect condensation underneath in the winter. I guess this will eventually affect the collar.

I may just treat the collars of the plates with something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001P0AI6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

I’ve also emailed Origin regarding the missing bar, I hope it isn’t lost like some reviews mention as there are no others in stock and a refund won’t help much at this point.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Crisis averted. Checked the DPD app for another delivery and it seems my bar is also coming today. I wish origin had told me it was coming in two shipments.

My bulldog order is also shipping soon.

Not bad shipping/delivery speeds considering.

I’ll use the multiple pallets I have to build a solid, raised base for my plate storage. Tarp over the top, desiccant inside to keep the moisture out. 3 in 1 Oil for the collar.

Associate
Powerhouse fitness and fitness superstore are the ones you'll have to keep checking, I don't think they have the option to be notified.

What specifically are you looking for?

Looking for a Olympic Barbell set ideally. Will look to complement with some movable squat stands & bench but the latter two are easier to find, seen a few in stock

Associate
Can anyone recommend a good power rack for a home garage with decent pulley system?
I had my eyes on the Bodymax 375 but I'm not really sure what else is out there.

Associate
Managed to order a pair of 22.5kg dumbbells yesterday. Not perfect but better than the 15kg (singular) dumbbell I've got now. I wanted to get an olympic bar and 100kg of weight and it would have cost £600 :o

Out of curiosity, anyone who had a home gym prior to lockdown, how much did you pay for a bar and circa 100kg of weight?

Man of Honour
The bar arrived and it is a thing of beauty. I had my doubt about a 'cross fit bar', but the equipment from Origin is top quality and the bar is perfect for what I need it for, although it is a little oily currently, but nothing hands covered in chalk can't deal with. Just waiting for my Bulldog squat stands now that have shipped and will hopefully arrive in the next few days. I must say that the weights and the bar all feel quite heavy having been out of the gym for 8 weeks. I'll probably start on Friday with my standard deadlift session, with a 10-15kg lower 1RM.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good power rack for a home garage with decent pulley system?
I had my eyes on the Bodymax 375 but I'm not really sure what else is out there.

I've got the cf475 and highly recommend it. It's got thicker/more robust catcher pins than the 375. I posted a picture just above.

You can't do OHP inside the rack unless you're a midget though :p (I'm 6'1" and it's too low)

//edit: looks like the 475 had been replaced with the 485. Now with red highlights :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom