*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Associate
Usual what should I buy request

Don’t currently own a BBQ, deff don’t consider myself a cook, no idea about BBQ’ing but prepared to learn and give stuff ago

The confusion I have is the big variations in price and options

recommendations please

Soldato

Don’t currently own a BBQ, deff don’t consider myself a cook, no idea about BBQ’ing but prepared to learn and give stuff ago

recommendations please
In the same boat. Looking to spend around £300-400 myself!

Any recommendations?

Associate
I was in a similar boat for both experience and budget.
I was sorely tempted by an egg-type device but after much research opted for a Weber Master touch Premium. Went for this as the support on the internet is amazing, with many recipes made for the exact grill. I went for the premium as it has a new Weber accessory in the package for low’n’slow and smoking - something I would have paid more for in a slow’n’sear, alongside that it same with the iron searing plate and hinged lid over the standard master touch.
The Napeolean however does look a great contender with its all iron grill surface and height adjustable settings.
Only other consideration is budget for accessories, as I’ve been low and slow cooking I’d say a thermometer is a must, as well as some cleaning accessories and cover if you don’t already have those. All in you’d be very close to the top end of your budget with those extras.

Soldato

recommendations please

My usual recommendation is the Weber Master Touch, mine gets so much use. However it's worth looking at the Napoleon version as well as they look pretty decent. Probably not much between them so go for which ever you prefer the look of or can get a better deal on. :)

All these pictures of the Aldi Kamado makes me want to buy one now.. Maybe next year when I've got the garden sorted, I'll have more space so the missus will be a bit more accepting to yet another BBQ!

I did some pork belly burnt ends on the WSM yesterday. Forgot how good they are as I haven't done them in ages!

Vf5qPOrh.jpg

I thought it would be rude to waste the rind I'd cut off the pork belly yesterday so brined it over night and while I had the kettle fired up today I stuck it on for a bit for some home made pork scratchings. :D

lX2Bj1xh.jpg

Last edited:
Don
Smoker out today

Bone in belly pork and beef short ribs

97663104_10157136169966847_8961364154032062464_o.jpg

Soldato
Some good looking food done this weekend I see :)

I plan to get my smoker on the go again later in the week. Ribs #2 - with Memphis dust this time and wrapping etc as previously described.

Any recent deals on some wood chunks? I will also need to pop back up to the range for some more Big K coal (fingers crossed they have it).

Update: Found the coal, so some Best of West Apple wood smoking chunks. 2.7kg for £13. Anyone used them?

Last edited:
Associate
So now that I have been lured into the world of charcoal Bbq'ing

I have a Weber Master-Touch E5775 scheduled for delivery what are the essentials I need to get - remember I'm a complete novice and the only thing I have that is comparable with a BBQ is my back garden

Thinking
  • Chimney Starter
  • Temp Probe
  • Long tongs
  • Brush for cleaning ?
  • Gloves
  • charcoal
  • wood
  • Meat - from where ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Permabanned

I have a Weber Master-Touch E5775 scheduled for delivery what are the essentials I need to get - remember I'm a complete novice and the only thing I have that is comparable with a BBQ is my back garden

Thinking
  • Chimney Starter definitely but no need to spend a fortune .. got one for £8
  • Temp Probe yes a dual one .. inkbird bout £40
  • Long tongs get this
  • Brush for cleaning ? and this in a pack again .. £10-20
  • Gloves hhmmm not really
  • charcoal big k .. either charcoal or lumpwood charcoal .. very good
  • wood
  • Meat - from where ? check the price of your local butchers but depends what your cooking .. meat steaks chicken i get from aldi .. good prices

Thanks

Soldato

Thinking
  • Chimney Starter
  • Temp Probe
  • Long tongs
  • Brush for cleaning ?
  • Gloves
  • charcoal
  • wood
  • Meat - from where ?

Thanks

For charcoal I like the boxes of BigK stuff. It's reasonably priced and comes in decent size chunks with not much chaff, you can usually find it on offer somewhere too. Wood, as above I Smoke Wood Shack are good or Grilling Woods on Amazon. You can't go far wrong with a Thermapen for temperature and they often have the old colours for sale at a decent discount. Meat.. Turner and George, Rogers and Son, James Lowe, Bobs Family Butchers, John Davidsons or Meat Matters all do amazing meat and are into BBQ so will know the cuts. :)

I did the good old frittata on the kettle tonight. I've not done it in ages and had forgotten how good it is for something so simple, definitely one of my favourite meals! :D

2Ya4h8Kh.jpg

KnpGvs1h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom