Youtube & Ads

Soldato
I only get them on my phone and are always skippable after a few seconds, so I don’t mind.

Frequently I’ll let the whole thing run or click the ad just to support the creator if it’s someone I watch regularly.

Tempted by the India trick though.

Associate
Sign up to YouTube premium using a VPN to India, works out to £1.30 a month instead of the £12 a month they charge in the UK.

Thanks
thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png

Soldato
In chrome/windows courtesy of disable hmtl5 autoplay, add-on I never see any adds.
I assume that just breaks the mechanism that would usually cue them up.

Soldato
Thanks for the India VPN suggestion, will give that a try later with Nord, happy to pay a few quid a month to remove ads, not the ridiculous £12/month they want here though.

Soldato
I was thinking about this. I'd pay up to £6. That's what it's worth to me.

It's about what's worth it to them.

They probably make more than £12 per user on average in the UK market from serving ads.

If you buy premium, the maximum they get per month from you is £12 and that's it. Whereas if you don't by premium, that may continue to make more than that serving you ads each month.

Soldato
They’ve really ramped up the ads at the moment. I’ve gotten mid-video ads multiple times today alone whereas I’d only had them a handful of times in the last 12 months or so.

Soldato
this didn't work for me, still seeing groups of 2 adverts at the start of youtube clips.
ok .. maybe, blocking is in ublockO by default now, since that's all I have for chrome extensions ..

or, maybe youtube thinks users on win7, not logged into google, are not worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom