iRacing

Soldato
Been picking this back up last few days after a few weeks focusing mostly on F12019:o.
Oh its so good to be back on a proper sim. Been plodding along doing a race or two a day. Salvaged my terrible iRating back from sub-thousand back up to 1209 in a matter of about 4/5 races and even picked up my first win this morning in the MX5 cup. Well on the way to getting my C license.

I managed to convince my team to enter the 24Hr Spa in July as well, really looking forward to that one, hence the push for C Licence.

Big changes coming to the rig this week, partial stripdown and rebuild of the TR80 to get the DD wheel fitted up and comfortable, so no doubt it'll be back to square one whilst I get used to the new setup:rolleyes: But as long as I keep the SR up I should be out of D licence at the end of the season/Month, if not before.

Soldato
Not necessarily for every race series, some are hourly and some start at different times. MX5 cup races do however in this instance start on the hour. The MX5 cup has moved on from Jefferson point, its now at Okayama international raceway for this week. You will find that every week of the season the track changes to the next venue on the calendar.

Soldato
Been picking this back up last few days after a few weeks focusing mostly on F12019:o.
Oh its so good to be back on a proper sim. Been plodding along doing a race or two a day. Salvaged my terrible iRating back from sub-thousand back up to 1209 in a matter of about 4/5 races and even picked up my first win this morning in the MX5 cup. Well on the way to getting my C license.

I managed to convince my team to enter the 24Hr Spa in July as well, really looking forward to that one, hence the push for C Licence.

Big changes coming to the rig this week, partial stripdown and rebuild of the TR80 to get the DD wheel fitted up and comfortable, so no doubt it'll be back to square one whilst I get used to the new setup:rolleyes: But as long as I keep the SR up I should be out of D licence at the end of the season/Month, if not before.

Good luck in your first 24 hour race. They are certainly an experience and wherever you finish in the end it always feels like an achievement to get the car across the line. A bit of advice, is plan and plan ahead. Create a schedule of who is doing what and when for each hour at least a few days in advance so people can plan schedules around the event. Always try to have a backup drive in place, this can be difficult especially if all drivers are similar timezones in the graveyard shift but computer/ internet problems happen as well as real life stuff. Losing a lap towing after someone has disconnected is not the end of the world.

Soldato
Yes they do every now and again. Also, If you race in a series, and race at least once a week, you'll get credited money back into your wallet so you can use that for future purchases. I got $7 back for racing 7 weeks of the 12 on the VRS Sprint. Its small but if you race in several different series, every little helps.

Soldato
Not sure how you got credits for only doing 7 weeks. To get credit you have to do at least 8 weeks of racing out of 12 in the same car class of a series (doing GT3 one week then GTE next in IMSA will not work for example). The amount of credit you get from a series depends on what license is required for it, doing more than 8 weeks doesn't get you any more money back. I believe it's 5 dollars for C/D class races and 7 dollars for B/A. As for sales, iracing don't tend to discount individual items. A few times a year they will have a 25% discount on membership and buying Iracing dollars. So for 100 dollars worth of credit will cost 75, they tend to always do it for Black Friday/Christmas and it's a bit sporadic of times. Probably August ish I'm guessing for next discounts .

Soldato
Maybe it was 8 weeks then Mike, point being they'll credit you if you race each week in a series. You can miss a few weeks also so it feels you're not forced to race every week.

And they have done discounts on cars or tracks, I remember seeing the discounts on them years back when I signed up originally.

Soldato
Forgot about the bulk content discount , been ages since I bought more than one thing as I own nearly everything lol

If you buy 3-5 items at a time you get 10% off, 6+ it's 15% then when you own 40 items you get a permanent 20% off everything but you will already be hundreds of pounds in at that point.
Discounts aren't that good to be honest, they used to a lot better 50% membership discounts, and the bulk one used to be better.

However you put it iracing is really expensive, you can mitigate the upfront cost with for the season. Looking at the tracks/ cars you want to run and maximising tracks that have multiple series visiting it. If your serious about online racing though I think it's worth it. It's simply the best online racing platform.

Associate
Now S3 2020 schedule is out what are people going to be running in the new season. I have had a blast in the BMW12.0 and sad to see the M8 GTE get the chop. Think I will continue with the BMW12.0 in the M4 or potentiall the Porshe Cup in the 911 GT3 but the times are not as convenient.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think I'll try my hand at a few C class series,
VRS - BMW Z4 GT3
IMSA Pilot - BMW M4 GT4
Kamel - Nissan GTP ZX-T

May throw in a couple of the IMSA Sportscar championship races as well, but we'll see.
Plan is to also submit a 4 driver team for the 24Hr Spa next month. Looking at the next round of the Nurburgring endurance championship on the 14th for some endurance training in prep for Spa.

Soldato
IMSA and VRS Sprint and Endurance.

Talking of Endurance, just completed my first ever endurance race in iRacing, I'd never thought of doing one prior to this past weekend, but after this one I can't wait for the next one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else signed up for the MotorsportUk izone F3 championship?

I ended up in league 5, first race of the season on Monday at Silverstone.
I had a pretty torrid qualifying event, had literally just built up my new wheel, like an hour before the session started, 40minute praccy then 4 hot laps to qualify, spent the first 20 mins getting wheel set up properly, then 10minutes getting punted off... Finally got a lap in.
Qually saw me invalidate first two laps both of which would have been just shy of a second faster than the last and only proper lap, made a mistake in the third and finally had to settle for a safe banker at the end to make sure I got a lap in.
Serves me right for going into it unprepared. But looking forward to the first round next week!

Soldato
IMSA and VRS Sprint and Endurance.

Talking of Endurance, just completed my first ever endurance race in iRacing, I'd never thought of doing one prior to this past weekend, but after this one I can't wait for the next one.

Team events is what makes IRacing for me. Nothing beats bringing home a broken car home after 24 hours.............. or wining it in very occasional circumstances. :p

Back
Top Bottom