Dashcams!

Associate
I’ve been struggling to find stock too. I can only find official kits for ‘2’ series cams.

You should be fine using that for your series 1 camera. The series 2 kit just makes higher output voltage/current available for the newer cams but your camera should only draw what it needs, it's basically just a micro USB charger.

Associate
was looking at getting a dashcam now. Was thinking about Front and Rear, have seen the Apeman C860 on the rainforest, however aware that you can't really trust all the reviews on there, and searching on google just seems to give sponsored reviews so difficult to gauge how good it is?

For £64.99 it looked like it might do the job, anyone got any first hand experience, or should i steer clear? Nextbase 412 is on offer at the moment too (front only) for a similar price which looks good but thats only for the front...

Man of Honour
They need reporting to the police ASAP before they kill someone.

Police seem to be taking it seriously - obviously I have no follow up details/outcome but they gave me a brief overview of the action they are taking today in response to the incident in a general sense. Wasn't really expecting any further correspondence unless they wanted to check details, etc.

Soldato
was looking at getting a dashcam now. Was thinking about Front and Rear, have seen the Apeman C860 on the rainforest, however aware that you can't really trust all the reviews on there, and searching on google just seems to give sponsored reviews so difficult to gauge how good it is?

For £64.99 it looked like it might do the job, anyone got any first hand experience, or should i steer clear? Nextbase 412 is on offer at the moment too (front only) for a similar price which looks good but thats only for the front...
Got the 412 so can certainly recommend it
It was also on my insurance approved dash cam list so the discount they gave
Me basically payed for it
So worth checking if your insurance company offers discounts for dashcam
And if so what ones

Associate
Got the 412 so can certainly recommend it
So worth checking if your insurance company offers discounts for dashcam
And if so what ones

Ah, thats an interesting point! Assuming as Nextbase is a market leader most chance of any discounts been represented if you have a branded one. Checked and current insurer tesco doesn't discount on this basis, but useful to know incase i switch!

Soldato
Ah, thats an interesting point! Assuming as Nextbase is a market leader most chance of any discounts been represented if you have a branded one. Checked and current insurer tesco doesn't discount on this basis, but useful to know incase i switch!
That's a shame Tesco don't do discount
But yes next base or other top brand are what they look for as know the footage will be good quality I guess

Associate
What software are you using to view dashcam footage with GPS? I've been using a standalone application for my Nextbase 312GW but looking for something on the web. Any ideas?

Associate
Cheers. Yes, I think I tried this one. It worked well and it has a video editor, which was useful. But because I have another device (Viofo) I ended up using Dashcam Viewer. It's a good software but I want to move everything on a website(online) so I can also store some clips there. It'll also be easier to share footage. Something like Google Drive or Dropbox but with the ability to view GPS info as well.

Soldato
Booked my car in for paint touch ups since the amount of damage to it from other people is now out of control. Its a nice car but it's not like it's a ferrari. I never had this problem with my Audi.

In any case I'm now almost forced to get a dashcam with the shake/disturbance setting. I would much prefer the small, cylindrical ones without a screen but whatever works.

Can anyone tell me would a dashcam activate if somebody keyed my car? Or is it not that sensitive?

Soldato
Booked my car in for paint touch ups since the amount of damage to it from other people is now out of control. Its a nice car but it's not like it's a ferrari. I never had this problem with my Audi.

In any case I'm now almost forced to get a dashcam with the shake/disturbance setting. I would much prefer the small, cylindrical ones without a screen but whatever works.

Can anyone tell me would a dashcam activate if somebody keyed my car? Or is it not that sensitive?

Yes if it has parking mode, it will sense a movement and turn on etc.

Soldato

Decent dashcam has motion/movement detection in parking mode
Ie if car gets bumped someone keying it probably won't set that off
But they also trigger if someone /something moves in their field of view so unless they approach /leave your car in
A cam blind spot it will record them

Back
Top Bottom