Valorant

V F

V F

Soldato
It's a competitive shooter - you're always going to get toxic people unfortunately. I don't find it as bad as Overwatch for toxicity though.

What happens? If I remember correctly Quake is about as toxic as it gets but it's no different than I remember 2001 to 2004. Sometimes it's amusing, sometimes it's rolls eyes. Then sometimes they rage in chat and everyone chimes in getting all ragey telling them to shutup. LOL! :D

Man of Honour
What happens? If I remember correctly Quake is about as toxic as it gets but it's no different than I remember 2001 to 2004. Sometimes it's amusing, sometimes it's rolls eyes. Then sometimes they rage in chat and everyone chimes in getting all ragey telling them to shutup. LOL! :D

I never found Quake that toxic compared to other games - some of the stuff on public BF4 for instance was 10x worse and 3-4x more frequent.

V F

V F

Soldato
That is bizarre. All the times I played BF3/4 and never found anything toxic. Sometimes the admins would go on a kicking spree if you were killing too quick too much.

The only irritating part of Battlefield was by the time I spawned and ran to any vehicle or aircraft, there were none left. Or you'd have stupid team mates deliberately run you over.

Soldato
Competitive shooters and toxic chat come hand in hand....

Player a few games here and there - seems decent - not sure it's worth the huge hype it seems to be getting in terms of pro gamers giving it the massive build up.

It's a polished CS:GO/Overwatch mix - fun game but certainly don't see it as the next big thing.

Man of Honour
That is bizarre. All the times I played BF3/4 and never found anything toxic. Sometimes the admins would go on a kicking spree if you were killing too quick too much.

The only irritating part of Battlefield was by the time I spawned and ran to any vehicle or aircraft, there were none left. Or you'd have stupid team mates deliberately run you over.

Try jumping in as gunner on a chopper when someone wants to play with their mate in BF4! oh no they don't ask nicely it is a torrent of abuse.

Associate
Try jumping in as gunner on a chopper when someone wants to play with their mate in BF4! oh no they don't ask nicely it is a torrent of abuse.

And then sit in the seat stubbornly while they rage away at you. If people asked nicely I'd get out. But most defaulted to "GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!"

Soldato
So frustrating, 9-1 up i'm leading our team with 18 kills then one on our team DC's and we end up losing 13-10.... I even got my first ace in the 1 game we won with 4 players and ended up with 29 kills which i think is my highest all time.

Soldato
It's the same old problem with FPS games....

Penalties for leavers who have a hissy fit and just quit need to be increase...... 4-0 down, player has a meltdown and leaves - doesn't return. Loose 13-7. By the time my game is over, his 10 minute penalty for leaving is done and he's already in his next game.

2nd game this afternoon - 5-5, guy at the bottom of the team scores has been afk on and off most of the game. He then tells us it's his lunchtime and he's off, he leaves, we loose 13-7. Again he will get a 10 minute penalty for that.

It needs to be more than that - I understand people can have disconnects/internet issues but they need to make it harsher for leavers.

So 2 games, 2 losses, both 4 v 5.

Man of Honour
It's the same old problem with FPS games....

Penalties for leavers who have a hissy fit and just quit need to be increase...... 4-0 down, player has a meltdown and leaves - doesn't return. Loose 13-7. By the time my game is over, his 10 minute penalty for leaving is done and he's already in his next game.

2nd game this afternoon - 5-5, guy at the bottom of the team scores has been afk on and off most of the game. He then tells us it's his lunchtime and he's off, he leaves, we loose 13-7. Again he will get a 10 minute penalty for that.

It needs to be more than that - I understand people can have disconnects/internet issues but they need to make it harsher for leavers.

So 2 games, 2 losses, both 4 v 5.

Problem is the house of cards effect - one person leaves and a couple of others stamp their feet about it not being fair and leave. Personally I enjoy the challenge of playing 1-2 players down.

Associate
I expect the penalties for leavers will be very harsh once the game is released, as they are in pretty much every other competitive game.

Soldato
Shrugs. It's ultra repetative and not at all flexible. Ok is competitive but what happened to the fun??? I mean, halo days? I thought unranked was got fun but not this game .

yeah - I've done my unranked games so I can do my ranked qualifiers now at least but unranked is still super salty at times!

Back
Top Bottom