What 'adult' things can you not do but maybe should be able to?

Caporegime
I never properly learned to stop wasting my time on an internet forum. Getting there slowly :p
heeard a good quote the other day might have been sir roger penrose, but I can't quite remember his exact words, something like "time spent on entertainment is time wasted doing nothing"

Associate
Gardening.. Just have no clue about it.. I can cut the grass and chop stuff down.. That's about it..

Same with interior design. Lack any ability to visualize the end result, put things together asthetically, and really don't enjoy it.. Trying to pick new tiles for a bathroom fills me with dread.

Man of Honour
DIY - bought our first house, can hardly fix it up myself.
Grow facial hair - 34 nothing there.
I bought my first house in 1997. After buying it we found it had seriously rotten joists on the ground floor which the survey didn't pick up. I couldn't afford to get a company to replace my floors so I bought a DIY book, some tools and just did it myself. I had never done any DIY before (not even painting or wallpapering). After cutting away the joists I remember standing in the foundations of my house thinking "Oh crap, what have I done?". But renovating that house taught me so much and I can do anything now. I even rewired it (when that was allowed - it's not now). Good luck. It's even easier nowadays with youtube and the internet as a guide.

Caporegime
I bought my first house in 1997. After buying it we found it had seriously rotten joists on the ground floor which the survey didn't pick up. I couldn't afford to get a company to replace my floors so I bought a DIY book, some tools and just did it myself. I had never done any DIY before (not even painting or wallpapering). After cutting away the joists I remember standing in the foundations of my house thinking "Oh crap, what have I done?". But renovating that house taught me so much and I can do anything now. I even rewired it (when that was allowed - it's not now). Good luck. It's even easier nowadays with youtube and the internet as a guide.

YouTube is amazing

I've done things I'd have never tried without it

Back
Top Bottom