• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Yeah i remember watching some of his videos before YT came along. Wonder why he stopped.. I also miss Classic Game Room a bit too.

Was doing them from 2001 apparently, his vids stopped totally in 2017 and his site no longer exists. https://www.youtube.com/user/3DGAMEMAN/videos

Kinda feel sorry for the guy, his reviews were more basic but as mentioned he was the first to give people examples of audio for things like fans, cpu coolers, gpu coolers etc in his vids. But it seemed like the bigger hardware companies never really took much noticed of him or sent him any real high end stuff for review. He apparently did over 2000 vids with his last being in 2017.

Caporegime
Why I Still Love Intel...

******** on amd, intel got some new chips on the way?

#### ME..... the needle just snapped on my cringeometer.

What's with that almost tearful face of grief?

We already have Steve from GN behaving like he feels personally slighted by AMD's resurgence and now this idiot has an emotional breakdown on Youtube because Intel are falling behind AMD in their products...

Soldato
I think AMD is not going to be that aggressive in their pricing and product this time round.

they had to be aggressive in Zen2 to grab market share from intel in all sectors. If the IPC (single core and multi thread) lift is to be believed and delivered, the zen 3 will leave intels 10th gen and 11th gen in the dust. So there is no incentive for AMD to be aggressively pricing or pushing for more cores on their ryzen range as they will have the best CPU period.

I think Ryzen 3, 5, 7, 9 in the zen 3 range will have the exact same core counts as they currently do in zen 2. At launch there will only be 1 CPU in each of the category and maybe Ryzen 9 doesn’t feature until a few month later. Maybe 12months later they do a refresh of the range to give more diversification to keep us consumer keen and to keep intel at bay by binning CPUs. They may well do refresh products at the same time as zen 4 or soon before zen 4. To make more cash!!!
It's not just Intel, Dont forget zen 2 is out there and will receive a price cut when Zen 3 launches so if they charge too much then people would likely go for a 3000 chip which still offers very good performance. This is also the final instalment on AM4 with AM 5 arriving early 2022 so if they price like Intel then many may elect to hold out till AM 5 which will offer a lot of new tech and an upgrade path.

I agree that the core counts won't change atleast till Zen 4 as 16 is more than enough for now. I could also see them doing a refresh of zen 3 depending on how long it takes to get AM5 to market and these would be exclusively for the 500/600 series boards.

Last edited:
Soldato
#### ME..... the needle just snapped on my cringeometer.

What's with that almost tearful face of grief?

We already have Steve from GN behaving like he feels personally slighted by AMD's resurgence and now this idiot has an emotional breakdown on Youtube because Intel are falling behind AMD in their products...

Both have been time and again muppets. Steve especially is really bad, still remembering his ranting videos to all those who pointed that signed the Nvidia NDA, contrary to other YT channel (eg Hardware Unboxed) who told Nvidia to go forth and multiply signing nothing.

Those of us who do not have the memory of the goldfish would clearly remember the instances and videos.

Caporegime
Both have been time and again muppets. Steve especially is really bad, still remembering his ranting videos to all those who pointed that signed the Nvidia NDA, contrary to other YT channel (eg Hardware Unboxed) who told Nvidia to go forth and multiply signing nothing.

Those of us who do not have the memory of the goldfish would clearly remember the instances and videos.

LLT is completely unbiased when it comes to reviews and tech journalism, his problem is he has built up a lot of personal relationships inside Intel and those people are probably starting to feel a little down trodden by the relentless bad press about the products they produce.

LLT wants to send out a message of support to those people because, well..... the reviews for Intel's latest "Pump the clocks up on the same CPU's" are not going to be kind to them, LLT could easily do that on a personal level with those people, the cringe public blubbering is way over the top.....

I will add to that none of these people had any sympathy during the decade of AMD's product problems, that was a decade of ridicule AMD mercilessly.

Steve From GN is a snob!, he doesn't think AMD are the proper people to be showing Intel up and it really annoys him that AMD keep getting better while Intel continue to be stagnant.

To Steve this is heresy....

VfeRbt3.jpg

Soldato
Total agree. Steve Burke is trash really. The sooner people stop paying him any attention the better it is. He is an ongoing joke in the YouTube community as he is just never not angry or peed off about something.

I think he had a video about Lian Li LAN cool 2 and he gave it a pasting before seeing it. But turns out it is a pretty good case. Or vice versa. Anyway he put his neck out there being an arrogant twit that he is and went against all the consensus and got found out.

Caporegime
Total agree. Steve Burke is trash really. The sooner people stop paying him any attention the better it is. He is an ongoing joke in the YouTube community as he is just never not angry or peed off about something.

I think he had a video about Lian Li LAN cool 2 and he gave it a pasting before seeing it. But turns out it is a pretty good case. Or vice versa. Anyway he put his neck out there being an arrogant twit that he is and went against all the consensus and got found out.

Yeah i can see that, the guys way up his own arse.

Soldato
At a time when Intel is launching a new series everyone's instead been talking about AMD.

Seems AMD uses now proven Nvidia tactics....... :D

LLT is completely unbiased when it comes to reviews and tech journalism, his problem is he has built up a lot of personal relationships inside Intel and those people are probably starting to feel a little down trodden by the relentless bad press about the products they produce.

LLT wants to send out a message of support to those people because, well..... the reviews for Intel's latest "Pump the clocks up on the same CPU's" are not going to be kind to them, LLT could easily do that on a personal level with those people, the cringe public blubbering is way over the top.....

I wonder, would we see Grim5 doing such posts in the Graphic card section if AMD beats Nvidia to pulp? :rolleyes::D
He already run scared, when pointed at him that his boasting of Ampere means 400W GPU, and tops 27 chips per $10,000 silicon wafer. (probably less given the density).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom