Mafia Trilogy Remaster

Associate
lol it mafia 2 was never going to see huge improvement on pc, its more for the consoles as it was released on ps3 initially I think.

I haven't really played this version yet so can't comment on pop ins.

Soldato
Copy and paste what i said to a mate about it.

Sorry for long wall of text.

just tried the new version, seems to run 4k at 60 ok enough but no msaa tho, i mean 2x gets it to under 48 which is below my freesync range, playable but id have issues with tearing i think. Game seems to run a bit quick like its 1.2 speed im sure the old version played slower and calmer. Still some mouse issues in the menus tho, some gfx improvements like on vito, very sharp details but not so much on other characters like his mama or sister. Dont think the driving is as good tho only watched the car drive home scene not driven myself yet, the camera behind vito is too zoomed in, could be better zoomed out to see more of ur character instead of top of his head. So far, mixed feelings, runs quicker, some texture improvements but i think they moved it to the mafia 3 engine so feels odd.

Soldato
I was excited but that died down very quickly. I shall get the Mafia 1 Remake but avoiding the other 2. What else has "d3t" remastered/made? I have never heard of them.

Associate
Will see how they handle the original mafia game, i personally dont pre order, original mafia is one of my favourite ever pc games, i hope they stay somewhat true to the original and expand it somewhat, hope it turns out well, mafia 2 was good aswell, mafia 3 i heard there were a lot of issues so stayed away

Last edited:
Soldato
I only completed Mafia 2 in January. And from what I've seen, the "upgrade" doesn't warrant another play through. It will be interesting to see how Mafia 3 has been changed though, given how ***** it was / is.

Soldato
I only completed Mafia 2 in January. And from what I've seen, the "upgrade" doesn't warrant another play through. It will be interesting to see how Mafia 3 has been changed though, given how ***** it was / is.
It'll be just polishing a turd lol

Back
Top Bottom