Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Not familiar with the sv but I have had Vacuum taps stick on various bikes over the years gsx1100 other gs motors e.t.c and can & will leak petrol into the oil worse you can cause a hydraulic lock which you really do not want.
Well I stripped her (ooooer!) got down and ditty (ohhh Matron!) and found that the fuel pump was indeed leaking.

Replaced it, lengthened the vacuum tube, and changed oil filter etc... as it was due a service anyway. Runs much better than in a very long time, it most've been leaking for a while but due to no use, neve really noticed it! Throttle response feels better, all round win. I also found that there was no rust in my tank and that she is pretty clean as far as the fuel system is concerend.

Used some ACF-50 while I was down there, and all is well! :cool:

Soldato
Well I stripped her (ooooer!) got down and ditty (ohhh Matron!) and found that the fuel pump was indeed leaking.

Replaced it, lengthened the vacuum tube, and changed oil filter etc... as it was due a service anyway. Runs much better than in a very long time, it most've been leaking for a while but due to no use, neve really noticed it! Throttle response feels better, all round win. I also found that there was no rust in my tank and that she is pretty clean as far as the fuel system is concerend.

Used some ACF-50 while I was down there, and all is well! :cool:

Good man.

Soldato
Anyone got much experience with FJR1300s? Potentially looking at getting one in mid to late summer, it will be an older one probably 2005-9 depending on price and mileage for a bit of 2 up touring. Only thing is I'm currently on an Mt09 and haven't ridden anything that big so I'm not sure how hard the jump up would be?

Soldato
Anyone got much experience with FJR1300s? Potentially looking at getting one in mid to late summer, it will be an older one probably 2005-9 depending on price and mileage for a bit of 2 up touring. Only thing is I'm currently on an Mt09 and haven't ridden anything that big so I'm not sure how hard the jump up would be?

Ive ridden FJR1300 friend has one you will be fine big lump very comfy nice to ride and they do hold there money feels a little gutless compared to my zzr1200 but in a nice way.
Brilliant for 2 up.

Soldato
Ive ridden FJR1300 friend has one you will be fine big lump very comfy nice to ride and they do hold there money feels a little gutless compared to my zzr1200 but in a nice way.
Brilliant for 2 up.
Cheers, I'll probably have to go to a dealer and test ride one because I don't know anyone with one, but that sounds good to me. And I'm not looking to go at 180mph (it would scare me let alone the Mrs!) so saying it lacks a bit to a zzr1200 is fine haha.

Soldato
I'm currently painting my garage. Done the walls, just need to do the floor.
I'm looking at buying a ground anchor and had my eyes set on the Torc Anchor by the guys at Pragmasis.
Is there anything better for £60? The cheaper ones are £20-25 so I figure it's only £40 more to have something more secure.

Soldato
Sad day. I cancelled all of the booked accommodation and travel for our planned Alps trip this year, leaving near the end of July. Things are easing, but they aren't easing enough for certainty. We can always just quickly ride down and plan along the way if things improve more quickly, but at the moment it looks like Scotland (along with every other British biker) or nothing.

There always 2021. Or 2022..!

Transmission breaker
Don
I posted up a little build thread on my Uber "bike" shed project if anyone is interested :D

ShedProject238.jpg

Its in home, and garden forum, or linked here:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ubershed-project.18888092/

Man of Honour
Went out to visit our wedding venue today, used it as an excuse to stretch the bikes legs and make sure I'd put it all back together properly.

Feels much nicer with a new chain and sprockets, looks like I've got a slightly sticking front caliper though so a rebuild is on the cards :rolleyes:

I'd forgotten how good it sounded with the black widow cans though, I was grinning like a loon for the whole ride.

Treated it to a tank of v power as well which was still £1.20 a litre :o

Soldato
I did nearly 300 miles today.

Up from where I live, through Downham Market, Swaffam, Fakenham, then up to Wells. Then followed the coast round east, through Cromer (99p a litre there FYI) all the way around to Great Yarmouth, then down through Lowestoft, stopped briefly in Kessingland at the beach there, then down the A12, back up the A14 through Bury St. Edmunds, Newmarket, then back into Cambridgeshire.

Bloody wing mirror came loose, I've had problems with this for years on the odd occasion, although it's been ok for a good while now. Fortunately happened about 10 miles from home.

I've screwed it back down and put metal epoxy on the bolt and around the top, hopefully that should do the trick.

If it ever comes loose again I'll give up and get some bar end mirrors.

Caporegime
I did nearly 300 miles today.

Up from where I live, through Downham Market, Swaffam, Fakenham, then up to Wells. Then followed the coast round east, through Cromer (99p a litre there FYI) all the way around to Great Yarmouth, then down through Lowestoft, stopped briefly in Kessingland at the beach there, then down the A12, back up the A14 through Bury St. Edmunds, Newmarket, then back into Cambridgeshire.

Bloody wing mirror came loose, I've had problems with this for years on the odd occasion, although it's been ok for a good while now. Fortunately happened about 10 miles from home.

I've screwed it back down and put metal epoxy on the bolt and around the top, hopefully that should do the trick.

If it ever comes loose again I'll give up and get some bar end mirrors.

Tried loctite?

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom