***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Man of Honour
Yeah I knew the Rockstar servers were suffering earlier but then they started working and my error now is the game isn't authenticating with the Epic platform?

it's all just a mess atm, i got on about 4pm, then around 6pm the game wouldnt save after completing missions and ive not got back on since,
im getting a new error msg now saying data cant be loaded from Rockstar cloud servers

Soldato
You open Epic Games and purchase GTA V (for free)
You attempt to download GTA V and link your Rockstar Social Club to Epic Games
GTA V installs plus any C++ Redistributions (to be clear this isn't anything new, Steam did the same thing when I installed Final Fantasy 8 recently).

Once this is done you can open Rockstar Social Club and play GTA straight from the launcher because you've linked the account to Epic Games and all Rockstar games (RDR2 etc) will be linked to your Social Club directly whether purchased from Rockstar, Epic Games or some random website selling keys to be used on the developers own launcher.

If you do this with any Ubisoft game, replace the word Rockstar Social Club with Ubisoft's uPlay launcher.
I get that and know how to open it but don’t want all the social club software.
This is a reason people download ‘cracked’ software. I’ve paid for GTA V through Steam and downloaded it in the Epic store and just want to play the single player with a nice simple exe instead of having yet another launcher.
It’s starting to get to a different store per games. Uplay, steam, epic, rockstar social, origin, blizzard/battle.net...

Soldato
I get that and know how to open it but don’t want all the social club software.
This is a reason people download ‘cracked’ software. I’ve paid for GTA V through Steam and downloaded it in the Epic store and just want to play the single player with a nice simple exe instead of having yet another launcher.
It’s starting to get to a different store per games. Uplay, steam, epic, rockstar social, origin, blizzard/battle.net...

That would be Steams fault for taking too big of a cut per sale. Now most big developers have their own launcher and you have the likes of Epic Games joining in offering bigger cuts to developers and alternative options like GoG that promote DRM free games.

Unfortunately you have no choice but to use Social Club if you want to play the Epic Games version :o

Soldato
it's all just a mess atm, i got on about 4pm, then around 6pm the game wouldnt save after completing missions and ive not got back on since,
im getting a new error msg now saying data cant be loaded from Rockstar cloud servers

A mess is a bit of an understatement - trouble is I've chosen today to start experimenting with mods (predominantly Redux atm) and every time I try and load the online/offline portions and they don't work, I'm left wondering if it's something stupid I've done or just problems with Rockstar/Epic!

Soldato
Is this game just poorly optimized in general? Just seems to run poor on my 5700XT.

Maybe I have the settings to high...they are all cranked to the max and I am getting 30 to 50fps I would say.

I remember reading ages ago that grass is best left at normal.

I'm running it maxed (with the exception of grass (left at normal) and reflections at MSAAX2), and limited to 60fps.

At 3440x1440 I'm maintaining the 60fps with spare GPU power, with the odd exception now and again, where it can drop to 50ish. Gsync means I don't notice any stutter.

This is with a 1070 and an X5650.

Soldato
Just logged in for the first time since 2017 via Epic. Man the game looks a bit drab nowadays visually, even on max details. Ingame vehicle prices were an absolute laugh from what I remember them being and with my tiny 1.5mill of cash I could hardly afford a thing. Meh, just give us the content in SP, even for a price and I'll be happy.

Uninstalled it after a quick runaround as there was just too much bloat BS (rockstar launcher etc) for just one game and it wasn't worth having that lingering around for a game I just wanted to take a peek at.

Soldato
Meh, just give us the content in SP, even for a price and I'll be happy.

Each DLC is free. If you're happy to pay a price and don't want to spend time building an online income that's where Shark Cards come in. But Shark Cards are corporate greed.

If we paid for the DLC and had all the businesses and a few items people would see this as normal since most games charge for Season Passes, DLC, Expansions etc.

GTA evolved since launch, for some good and bad reasons. The main problem with GTA is the cheating and botting, at least it seems be better in RDR2 online from what I've heard, so should be good with GTA6

Associate
Tried playing online last night and spent an hour just going between loading screens trying to join a heists. The game feels like a loading screen simulator.

Loading screen into heist.
For whatever reason heist doesn't start or I'm too slow and heist is full.
Loading screen back to multiplayer.
Loading screen back to populated server because it always put you back on your own, or it puts you back in your pad and you have to make your way out again with another loading screen.

It feels like a social experiment to see how long people will endure doing nothing but going between loading screens

Associate
A mess is a bit of an understatement - trouble is I've chosen today to start experimenting with mods (predominantly Redux atm) and every time I try and load the online/offline portions and they don't work, I'm left wondering if it's something stupid I've done or just problems with Rockstar/Epic!

copy the vanilla game folder so you have two copies, keep one vanilla for online play and use the other to mod for redux. Rename the folder that you want to load/play by restoring it to its default name Grand Theft Auto V :)

Associate
I am replaying GTA IV and really enjoying it.

ive put a ****load of hours into IV over the last two weeks, the parkour, throwable objects, vehicle handling, physics, dark tone of New York, more mature story all make it a better experience imo. The immersion is great, it feels real, you just need to run the game at 4x DSR for it to look alright and make sure you keep view distance at 21 to ensure LOD rendering doesn’t choke the 32 bit coding. A few decent mods as well let us know if you want to know more as don’t want the V crew thinking this is thread hijack

Soldato
copy the vanilla game folder so you have two copies, keep one vanilla for online play and use the other to mod for redux. Rename the folder that you want to load/play by restoring it to its default name Grand Theft Auto V :)

Thanks for the tip - although I've already started messing with it so don't have the option of a clean copy without reinstalling!

However, I do seem to be able to activate and deactivate the mod simply by installing and uninstalling the ASI Loader in OpenIV!

Caporegime
Each DLC is free. If you're happy to pay a price and don't want to spend time building an online income that's where Shark Cards come in. But Shark Cards are corporate greed.

If we paid for the DLC and had all the businesses and a few items people would see this as normal since most games charge for Season Passes, DLC, Expansions etc.

GTA evolved since launch, for some good and bad reasons. The main problem with GTA is the cheating and botting, at least it seems be better in RDR2 online from what I've heard, so should be good with GTA6
I think he means single player DLC. Rockstar had single player DLC planned but this was shelved for GTA Online content when this exploded far bigger than Rockstar expected and they devoted all their efforts into more MP content.

Soldato
I got gifted $500,000 the day before yesterday and was a bit peeved that I didn't get the $1m that was advertised - but I assumed this was because I'd already played a lot on my PS4 - then tonight I got an additional $1m! :D

What to spend my (not so) hard earned moolah on??

Man of Honour
I got gifted $500,000 the day before yesterday and was a bit peeved that I didn't get the $1m that was advertised - but I assumed this was because I'd already played a lot on my PS4 - then tonight I got an additional $1m! :D

What to spend my (not so) hard earned moolah on??

What business's do you own?

Associate
Tried playing online last night and spent an hour just going between loading screens trying to join a heists. The game feels like a loading screen simulator.

Loading screen into heist.
For whatever reason heist doesn't start or I'm too slow and heist is full.
Loading screen back to multiplayer.
Loading screen back to populated server because it always put you back on your own, or it puts you back in your pad and you have to make your way out again with another loading screen.

It feels like a social experiment to see how long people will endure doing nothing but going between loading screens
Played online with my nephew and a friend last night. It was a laugh the loading screens as you say it’s just so slow. The rockstar app is poor also. I have trouble trying to complete the recapcha verification the pictures are so poor quality.

Back
Top Bottom