Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I'm not sold on the eBike thing, I used to commute 50 miles a day without one, but free is free! Nice win.

I'm a MTBer and until I hired one on a recent work trip to Scotland I was convinced they were cheating and heavy and just a gimmick.

Hired a Trek Rail 5 at Glentress and was floored. Made the uphills super fun, felt great on the downhills and am planning on buying one as my next bike when i'm ready for one! :D

Soldato
Wahl balding if shaving head.

Wahl magic clip if fading, etc.

I currently have 4 clippers and shavers 2 andis and 2 wahl.

You have to be careful with wahl they have 2 ranges. The cheap crap you get out argos and the proper stuff the pros use. You want the latter.

Thanks for that.

used to use Wahl for years. (Had a skin head most of my life) but my babyliss beard trimmer have been great for head and face.

I'll check them magic ones out.

Soldato
Well you are two different people so your voices are different. :p

Aside from Phate's mic being about twice as expensive (once you take the XLR into account), you shouldn't be having massive issues with any dedicated mic. Chances are your brother in law has Discord output volume low on his setup resulting in you being quieter. If others were louder and you were quieter then it'll be your Discord input volume which can be adjusted in the audio settings of Discord. Go into the sound settings hit 'Lets Check' and talk to yourself a bit at your normal PC volume, adjust to suit.
His setup was actually cheaper than mine but sounds better :p

I’ll do some more testing but once I have it in my head that mine doesn’t sound as good, I’ll end up changing and buying all new stuff! :p

Soldato
His setup was actually cheaper than mine but sounds better :p

I’ll do some more testing but once I have it in my head that mine doesn’t sound as good, I’ll end up changing and buying all new stuff! :p
HyperX mic is like £100 and Phate paid like £200, no? I'm ignoring the boom etc. as that's largely irrelevant to be honest.

I have the Rode NT-USB (and various accessories), find it very good and clear for streaming and just general chat. I have tweaked my various settings with a software mixer mind but that's more to give me a cleaner gate and remove keyboard / background noises. But it cost about £125 nearly a year ago and now it's £150+ if you can even find it.

I'm sure the HyperX should be more than capable though.

Soldato
HyperX mic is like £100 and Phate paid like £200, no? I'm ignoring the boom etc. as that's largely irrelevant to be honest.

I have the Rode NT-USB (and various accessories), find it very good and clear for streaming and just general chat. I have tweaked my various settings with a software mixer mind but that's more to give me a cleaner gate and remove keyboard / background noises. But it cost about £125 nearly a year ago and now it's £150+ if you can even find it.

I'm sure the HyperX should be more than capable though.
Nah his mic was £77 and his preamp was £97.

I looked at the Rode NT USB but couldn’t find it in stock anywhere at all, 1 popped up on eBay still sealed for £275 but no way was I letting someone else profit off me that extremely.

Soldato
I basically won my choice of a new bike (so not sure it qualifies as a 'purchase' :) )

uFbPxMH.jpg

VXORpSl.jpg

Thought I'd treat myself to try an eBike for a commuter. I chose it mainly because it doesn't look all that much like an eBike, a bit more subtle than a huge big battery in the frame.

Where is the battery? Not just in that bag surely?

If so what is the range, really tempted by an ebike but most stand out and might attract unwanted attention.

Soldato
What do you think of the headset? I am eyeing up a nice wireless headset and this has lots of good reviews
I've not tested them out yet I'll try them out tonight. I considered getting the wireless version, but from the reviews I've watched on YouTube a lot of the comparisons between wired and wireless favour the wired headphones, as they claim the sound is better. I got them for £180 so can't complain.

Back
Top Bottom