*** The Official Takeaway Voucher Code Thread ***

Soldato
That depends what their issues are. If they score that bad, it's not normally just about cleanliness, it's about procedure (or lack of it) too.

Yeah I appreciate that too. I'm just wondering how a closed down place can possibly get a better score without proving themselves.

I'm certainly not defending minging places because I always check hygiene ratings myself.

Just wondering how they get up from a 1 without being able to operate.

Soldato
I don't understand why they would need to be operating?

Lets just say... they are storing raw meats over the top of ready to eat food in the fridge. Why would they need to be operating to re-arrange that? (And yes, that could be fixed in a day)

Lets go to an extreme and maybe they've not got separate areas to prepare raw and ready to eat food and or something else that perhaps requires some actually building to set the kitchen up correctly. Why would they need to be operating to do this? (In fact, they would likely have to close to do this) Maybe they've got a pest problem, need Rentakil to fill wholes, set traps and clear out an infestation. Why would they need to be operating to do this?

Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding things though?

Soldato
I for one want to hear about this pretty bad experience.

There was an Indian place I used to frequent that was local to my home a good 10 or so years ago. While they mostly focused on Indian food, they also made pizzas and the like, and to this day despite my experiences with them I will say that they made the best tastiest Bolognese pizza I've ever had. My social circles mostly agreed, we all went nuts over how good their pizza was. Ordered from the place religiously every other weekend, 12" Bolognese pizza as part of the recovery process from a night out on the Friday/day prior, always ordered over the phone rather than physically going to the place even though it was only 15-20 minutes away on foot. After a time I took a bit of a break from ordering take away as I was going through a healthy eating/exercise phase.

My birthday comes around six months later and I decide to cheat and have a night out and a take away the next day. Great night out, I wake up the next day and despite my hangover gleefully count the hours until I can order my much missed pizza. In the middle of eating I receive a phone call from a friend who had only recently started going to the take away. I'm informed he'd went in and the place absolutely stunk, and not in the tasty curry sort of way you'd expect. There were 'bugs' as he put it crawling up the walls. I was told not to order from them no matter what, very nice of him to inform me of course but by that point it was a tad late. Suffice it to say I actually ended up with a pretty bad case of food poisoning, I was off work for several days due to it. I wont go into too much detail, but lets just say both ends were hard at work clearing my innards. My friend called a complaint in about it (I'm guessing he wasn't the only one) and the place was shut down entirely within a week or so. Turned out the shop had changed hands, the original owners had passed it on to family and moved back home.

This part might be hearsay, but around the time all of this happened there were an inordinate number of pets going missing in the area. Peoples cats not coming home, dogs going missing out of back yards. A lot of people claimed that one of the major reasons the place was shut down wasn't just the awful hygiene, but that they'd been butchering peoples pets as a source of meat. Coincidence or not the 'missing pets' epidemic in the area pretty much seemed to halt after the place was closed down. It's something I never verified, but I find it somewhat plausible.

It took best part of a year before I'd order food in after that, and I've been extremely fussy ever since.

Soldato
OP
What's scary is it's quite hard to score below 4... so to get a 1... wow...

This place got a zero and what's worse is they were dumb enough to put the sticker in the window!

1590026929.jpg

Soldato
Used the glorious £3 off voucher code (NEW300) for probably the last time, I think it finishes at the end of the month?

Ordered a 12" naan kebab, tons of chicken soaked in balti sauce with peppers and onions, and a burrito combo which I shall save for tomorrow.

Also getting 15% off from the shop, so it came to £12 in total.

Man of Honour
Used the glorious £3 off voucher code (NEW300) for probably the last time, I think it finishes at the end of the month?

Apparently so,
i've only used it once back on the 3rd of May :o
i pretty much gave up drinking a few days after that and it turns out that ordering out for burgers, pizzas or kebabs isnt so appealing when you're sober lol

Caporegime
Apparently so,
i've only used it once back on the 3rd of May :o
i pretty much gave up drinking a few days after that and it turns out that ordering out for burgers, pizzas or kebabs isnt so appealing when you're sober lol
Very much this. Take away just doesn’t feel right unless you’re a few beers deep.

The only take away I consider good sober, is fish and chips.

Back
Top Bottom