New PC Ordered

Associate
Just ordered this, I’ll jump to an RTX 3080 at the end of the year, but this is for sim racing.

be quiet! Dark Base 700 RGB Midi Tower Case - Black Tempered Glass
NZXT Kraken X72 AIO Water Cooling Unit - 360mm
Team Group Night Hawk RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - RGB Black (TF1D
Kolink Continuum 850W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply
ASUS Xonar SE 5.1 PCI-E gaming sound card with 192kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Audio
Phanteks RGB LED Strip Starter Kit (PH-LEDKT_CMBO)
Microsoft Windows 10 Home Advanced - Systems
**Special Offer** Bullguard Internet Security - Anti-Virus and Security - 1 Year 3 PC
Standard Build Systems - Dispatched in approx 10-15 working days
Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7GHz (Comet Lake) Socket LGA1200 Processor - Retail
Asus ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming (Socket LGA 1200) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive

Soldato
would have gone for Aorus board, better VRM ! Specially with 10k intel ! Aorus Master 12x 90amps across the vcore !

To be honest, 8 core would have been plenty

Also check oc3D review. Aorus 360 AIO performances better then NZXT version

Base 500 XD has more airflow, USB 3 C port 3.2Gen as well

What was total cost/budget ? @C3PO

Associate
Nice build. Shame no PCI Gen 4. Waiting for
RTX 3080 myself.

Didn’t you want the Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB RAM?

Would have gone Windows 10 Pro for better security, Bitlocker and Remote Desktop.

Soldato
Swap to Aorus Pro AC board :)

Seems OCUK doing very good deals with Intel's, most likely buck buying to get the better prices.

And would swap for Aorus AIO, slightly cheaper and better

Associate
MSI unify looks great value/performance. I dig the 16phase 90amps

anyhow great to see you went the blue pill its going to beast in game!

Associate
OP
Re the wattage draw, presumably that is when all ten cores are at full speed ... I guess that is going to be rare unless I’m using cpu stress testing stuff? Assetto Corsa Competizione only used two cores, I believe....

Soldato
Re the wattage draw, presumably that is when all ten cores are at full speed ... I guess that is going to be rare unless I’m using cpu stress testing stuff? Assetto Corsa Competizione only used two cores, I believe....

Power draw is only high and hot when manually overclockedooverclocked to 5.3ghz all cores

Associate
would have gone for Aorus board, better VRM ! Specially with 10k intel ! Aorus Master 12x 90amps across the vcore !

To be honest, 8 core would have been plenty

Also check oc3D review. Aorus 360 AIO performances better then NZXT version

Base 500 XD has more airflow, USB 3 C port 3.2Gen as well

What was total cost/budget ? @C3PO

Hi there. I've ordered the Aorus Ultra to go with my 10900k. It has 12 phase power delivery but the website says 50A vs 90A. Do you think there will be a big difference? OCUK don't seem to have the Master in stock. Do you think it would be worth waiting for it?

Soldato
Hi there. I've ordered the Aorus Ultra to go with my 10900k. It has 12 phase power delivery but the website says 50A vs 90A. Do you think there will be a big difference? OCUK don't seem to have the Master in stock. Do you think it would be worth waiting for it?

Should be 55amps on Gigabyte website .
To be honest, still packing a lot of power and it's direct power delivery with no doublers .

Associate
Should be 55amps on Gigabyte website .
To be honest, still packing a lot of power and it's direct power delivery with no doublers .

Thanks for the reply. At the very least it's a big step up in class versus my old mobo (MSI Z170 Gaming Carbon). 90 vs 55 does seem a big jump though.

Soldato

The article does say when boosted across all cores, but it is still going to be a hot running cpu.

Not trying to discourage you from buying one, but if it was me I would have waited until reviews from the likes of Gamers Nexus surface.

As for your spec you could easily swap a few things around. Guessing they haven't started building it yet anyway ?

So for example the Arctic Liquid Freezer 360mm would save £50 on the cooler if you don't mind no RGB.

There are cheaper options for the SSD's as well. The Samsung ones are overpriced.

Also consider the Gigabyte board mentioned by Orbital above.

And do you need a dedicated soundcard ? The onboard audio is very good these days, especially on mid/high end boards.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £339.83 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Soldato
^^^ AIO will have to go at the front , not up top if I recall. 700 designed for silent loop 30mm thick Radiator in normal ATX mount , flipnit upside down and should fit up top

Back
Top Bottom