McDonald's and sheeple

Caporegime
Nono, you forgot the passive aggressivism and tutting towards those who do the <THING>.

We've already got "can make better food at home", let's see how long it takes for the "I could never put that stuff in my body" post to show up.

I wouldn't wait for an hour for a Michelin star restaurant, let alone low quality crap like McDonalds.

I can make better burgers in my kitchen with a cheap £2 pack of mince.

It was literally the next post :D

Associate
When this all started I thought it would be one of the things I'd miss!

KFC and McDonalds were staples of my weekly diet.

But honestly, I can make a better beef burger, a better chicken burger (it's not hard, quality meat, keep it simple), I haven't missed them.

Soldato
Being a bit of a themepark nut too, there is no way I would queue for an hour even to go on Nemesis or Oblivion.

As I recall, the queues at theme parks are actually engineered in as part of the design.

Market research has established that there is a sweet spot between the time spent waiting in the queue and the reported enjoyment of the actual ride.

Soldato
I wouldn't wait for an hour for a Michelin star restaurant, let alone low quality crap like McDonalds.

I can make better burgers in my kitchen with a cheap £2 pack of mince.

Actually cheap mince makes nicer burgers, higher fat content.

But yes, I agree with you.

Even easier just buy burgers from your supermarket, Tesco £2.50 for 4 quarter pounders, get some baps, then throw in some fresh tomato, onion, sauce cheese and gherkins of your choice, it's really not much effort, and you'll end up making 4 nice quarter pounders for about £4.

I'm not completely anti McDonald's either, they are ok, I'd probably only have it a couple of times a year, certainly wouldn't be going out of my way in the current climate, to queue up for an hour.

Associate
Ahh, McDonald's... the takeaway equivalent of the Pot Noodle. Fair game to **** them off I guess, huge multinational company, most successful restauurant chain on the planet, but yeah it's all foul, disgusting rubbish with no nutritional value and anyone who eats there is a sheep with no imagination.

Yeah, yeah. You don't have to got there, do you? I barely ever buy McD's but the reaction it gets from people is more 'sheeple' than anything else.

Associate
Don't mind the odd quarter pounder or double cheeseburger but part of the attraction is that it is quick. I wouldn't wait an hour. also I am trying to lose weight.

Caporegime
It's properly amusing reading all these posts from the "make your own burger at home" crowd who seem to think that Mcdonald's is somehow regarded as a Michelin starred delicacy outlet, rather than a convenience thing to save time and money when out and about.

If you're one of the "make your own at home" people then you've missed the point of McDonalds entirely.

Soldato
I'm impressed with how many free thinkers there are in this thread who have seemingly unplugged from the Matrix due to thinking they're superior for not eating a McDonalds. Culinary experts, the lot of you! Of course there are far better places to grab a burger from but McDonalds is cheap and quick (usually) and you know exactly what you're getting

I'm looking forward to getting some McDonalds back in me breakfast or lunch. Couple of bacon burgers, nuggets, milkshake and apple pies, happy days. Wouldn't queue for an hour though.

Back
Top Bottom