LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Caporegime
Then last week I came back to the Overclockers fold (have been a customer since the early days, but got seduced by that internet giant), and ordered an LG 34GK950G. Arrived the next day as promised, and it is PERFECT. I am absolutely chuffed to bits. Beautiful screen, and exactly what I have been waiting for all this time. Thank you very, very much!

Happy for ya man (I have the F version from Overclockers and it's GREAT!). Enjoy it, it'll last you a good long time :cool:

Soldato
Just stopping by to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to Overclockers for being my ultrawide saviours. Last Black Friday I decided to go ultrawide, and it was an utter nightmare. I've been on the receiving end of some really crappy customer service matched only by the crappy panels they kept sending me, from a well-known internet giant and from another extraterrestrial supplier. I've been through two Z35p's, two AW3420DWs, an X34p, and an AOC whose name I forget. In every case it was an awful blend of dead pixels, backlight bleed or other visual anomalies that customer service said were "normal". I've spent a couple of hundred quid shipping monitors back, and goodness knows how many hours on what felt like an impossible mission to get a decent monitor.

Then last week I came back to the Overclockers fold (have been a customer since the early days, but got seduced by that internet giant), and ordered an LG 34GK950G. Arrived the next day as promised, and it is PERFECT. I am absolutely chuffed to bits. Beautiful screen, and exactly what I have been waiting for all this time. Thank you very, very much!
How much did you pay if you don't mind my asking.

Associate
kENfDk3

EnYrQbA

Has anyone experienced the screen flashing + horizontal bands appearing towards the top of the monitor?

Also for some odd reason the top right corner is quite hot (can't even touch it for longer than 10 seconds).

Does anyone have suggestions on how to potentially fix this? RMA isn't really an option since I bought it through Amazon and warranty has expired.

Associate
kENfDk3

EnYrQbA

Has anyone experienced the screen flashing + horizontal bands appearing towards the top of the monitor?

Also for some odd reason the top right corner is quite hot (can't even touch it for longer than 10 seconds).

Does anyone have suggestions on how to potentially fix this? RMA isn't really an option since I bought it through Amazon and warranty has expired.

I get occasional flashes at the bottom of the screen, maybe once a day at most and lasts a millisecond. I haven't got any banding but when the screens OC'd to 120hz the very top row of pixels on the screen flicker slightly, however unnoticeable if my windows theme is black.

Associate
Has anyone taken apart the monitor? I haven't seen any disassembly guides / videos yet and I'm not even sure if I should approach the monitor from the front or the back.

Would appreciate it if anyone who has opened up the monitor could share photos / words of advice!

Associate
Has anyone taken apart the monitor? I haven't seen any disassembly guides / videos yet and I'm not even sure if I should approach the monitor from the front or the back.

Would appreciate it if anyone who has opened up the monitor could share photos / words of advice!

I did it, 3 times.
It's not that hard but I do not recommend doing it because the problem you reported is either in a soldered ribbon or from the panel itself

sSC9yeT.jpg

In case you really want to do it, you start by taking the VESA screws off the back, then using a prying tool you take the back cover off. I do not have many pictures left, but this is what it looked like with the back cover off.

Pro tip : if you still have the box and packaging material, I suggest laying the monitor flat, on top of the Styrofoam arc that came with it to prevent any screen cracks.

Associate
I have some uniformity on the Free sync model 34GK950F, maybe it's called vertical banding, only when it comes to Solid mid tone colours and fast pan horizontal movement. It appears like very faint transparent thin vertical bands .

For example it's only noticeable when playing Fifa or PES with the green pitch and when the ball moves fast. It's extremely faint but you can still notice it which is irritating especially for people like me with an eye for detail..

It was there since day one but i didn't pay attention because i think i had it in my previous LG u88 and even my 4k LCD TV LG65 it has the same effect at a lot greater extend though.

It's not noticeable anywhere else so i wanted to ask if anyone noticed that panel behaviour while playing this specific Football game or something similar with fast pan movement and in solid mid tone colours?

I'm convinced that it's common for this panel but i wanted from someone to do a test to confirm if possible please, so i can have peace in mind :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom