McDonald's and sheeple

Soldato
lol yea, I've gone a similar route to that guy, only it's taken 15 years instead of 30 days!

The thing that shocked me was the bit at the end with the final analysis.

I wasn't surprised about the amount of fat. That I was expecting.

It was the amount of sugar that got me!

I was staggered.

Now, I do not know how much hidden sugar I have eaten over my lifetime (Though I am not a big drinker of sodas or eater of ready meals)

But in terms of sugar that I have actually gone out and bought in packets. the hidden sugar in the food consumed during his 30 days of McHell must be more than I have actually bought in my lifetime (Except for sugar used for jam making)

I don't think it was the fat content that ****** up his biochemistry. It was the sugar.

People don't mind waiting an hour because there's literally **** all else to do

Well, they could spend the time makiing thier own burgers for a start! :D

Soldato
Fast food has its place, but queuing for an hour kinda negates the whole concept.

Can only assume it's the same kinda mentality that prompts people to camp overnight outside electronics stores for the latest shiny object or AAA game.

Soldato
Exactly, when you've been locked down and are only allowed out infrequently who minds queuing for food, I can also take or leave McDonalds (they definitely have a place in the market) but wouldn't queue for that long as the appeal for me is that I can pick one up and be eating it in minutes (last time I actually had a Maccy's was in St Helier when we were on a all dayer and instead of trying to get food from a kebab house or something just went into MacDonalds half cut and ordered on the touch screen, hardly interrupted the drinking as well!)

Loving the 'can make better at home brigade' as well, I take it you never go out for anything to eat then as you can always make better at home if you have the ingredients and time.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I queued 4+ hrs on Monday for the tip... it was just nice to relax in the car for so long without the wife and kids :D

Soldato
The longer this has gone on, the more I've realised how judgemental people are. Usually quite hypocritically as well.

I often get told that I'm far too cynical for my age, but the amount of people I've met that are hypocrites and/or 'do as I say and not as I do' is insane. Distancing from these people is great.

Soldato
I don't get it to be honest. I'm not a really a fan of McDonalds (Chicken Selects are pretty good though, although normally I can see the appeal. However I don't see the appeal of waiting an hour for it though, (location depending) i imagine the majority of those people could get a equivalent level burger delivered to their house for in less time.

Permabanned
I went last night to Mc Ds just wanted a cheese burger the drive in queue was very long. We just sat in the car and talked never managed to get our cheese burger.
I don’t eat sweets chocolate and thought why not.

Soldato
No way on Earth I’m waiting an hour for Marcy D’s. It was always the last resort when far from home and everywhere else is shut. The exception being a treat for the kids on the way home from swimming back in the day.

Caporegime
I mean do people have anything better to do so sitting in a car for a few hours isn't really a big deal and probably a change in scenery. I just don't agree with everyone rushing there as soon as they open, and they should probably waited until all branches could open to take the strain off the poor staff.

I can make better at home but that's not the point.

Back
Top Bottom