We're all organ doners now...

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Just surprised how long it has taken to get to this point of it being a default opt in.

I opted in years and years back and I'm of the opinion that if you decide to opt out you should also lose any eligibility for a transplant if you require one (In it to win it and all that!)
100% agree. Some have said you should be put to the end of the queue. Nope, you should be completely ineligible.
That's a hard conversation for someone in the medical world to have with someone who needs a transplant, and will be even harder when these people 'suddenly' realise the error of their ways, but it is only fair.

Caporegime
Well, we are if we live in England and don't opt out now as the law has changed.

https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/

Think it's fair enough, everyone can still choose what they want to happen in the event of their demise.

Just a bit surprised there's not more media coverage.

Why would you want to promote this so more morons opt out?

The media should be covering the fact hardly anyone is donating blood right now and blood banks are extremely low and they need a constant fresh supply.

go and donate blood now - it's what is needed in the current situation. you can check blood bank levels online.

no but it seems pretty selfish and I'm not convinced a lot of these people would be grateful.

If I could choose to only donate to someone under 18 then I'd probably be fine with that option.

personally I don't want someone elses body parts and when it's my time to die it will be my own fault for smoking for over 20 years.

It was my choice, I knew it was bad, I know it will likely be the cause of my death.
I accept responsibility for my own actions and lets face it, lifes not that great most of the time anyway

I tried to find where it was but failed, I read way to many news sources on the internet

you are calling them selfish - however you are the one refusing your organs to be re-used to save lives after you have died.

anyone who opts out should be refused all medical help IMO of any sort.

Soldato

Don't be silly, people will opt out for all sorts of reasons but to refuse them any medical assistance for not being an organ donor is a stretch, how about anyone who doesn't give to a cancer charity isn't allowed cancer treatment?

Caporegime
Don't be silly, people will opt out for all sorts of reasons but to refuse them any medical assistance for not being an organ donor is a stretch, how about anyone who doesn't give to a cancer charity isn't allowed cancer treatment?

The only reason I can think of is religious idiots who believe in prophecies.

Or just idiots. What valid reason would you have for opting out?

If they aren't suitable they wouldn't be used anyway they have a screening system in place.

By opting out your refusing to help to save lives. You are making an active decision.

Not everyone can afford to give to charity but everyone can give their organs if eligible so your comparison is incorrect.

D3K

D3K

Soldato

If they aren't suitable they wouldn't be used anyway they have a screening system in place.

By opting out your refusing to help to save lives. You are making an active decision.

Not everyone can afford to give to charity but everyone can give their organs if eligible so your comparison is incorrect.
He's right though, refusing medical assistance is a step too far. Refusing organ transplant is the fair trade-off, but we know even that won't happen.

Some people are deeply suspicious of the implications of this. Worried that research will be done by people to off you, or that the gov will go wild with everyone's organs and flog em on the black market. I don't subscribe to that way of thinking but I'm also not saying it isn't out of the realms of possibility. People's reasons for opting-out aren't purely selfish/religion-based.

Caporegime
Why would you want to promote this so more morons opt out?

The media should be covering the fact hardly anyone is donating blood right now and blood banks are extremely low and they need a constant fresh supply.

go and donate blood now - it's what is needed in the current situation. you can check blood bank levels online.

you are calling them selfish - however you are the one refusing your organs to be re-used to save lives after you have died.

lol seriously all medical help?

I take it your one of those selfish people on the waiting list.

you know what in life very few people have tried to help me i'd rather stab a hot iron through my own organs than give them to some selfish peice of rich crap

99% of people on that organ list probably wouldn't give you 50p for the bus if you were on the ground begging.

and FYI I have been my entire life to see a GP around 8 times including as a child.
I have been treated at a hospital once for a 2 week stay after a bully pushed me from a climbing frame and fractured my elbow when I was about 8.

can I get a refund on those taxes if I'm being refused treatment for not signing up to the organ donor cartel

Associate
I’ve said to my neurologist several times now that I’d happily donate, sadly due to epilepsy medication I’m not able to even if it was just for research purposes, it could indirectly benefit someone further down the line.
I have Factor V leiden and antithrombin cambridge II which instantly makes me not viable as my blood is gimped and likes to clot more

D3K

D3K

Soldato
it's also possible aliens could want our organs to make a super human. however it's a ridiculous argument to make towards opting out.
It's less ridiculous than the penalty you suggest for opting-out, and an actual concern of some unlike that nonsensical analogy.

Caporegime
lol seriously all medical help?

I take it your one of those selfish people on the waiting list.

you know what in life very few people have tried to help me i'd rather stab a hot iron through my own organs than give them to some selfish peice of rich crap

99% of people on that organ list probably wouldn't give you 50p for the bus if you were on the ground begging.

and FYI I have been my entire life to see a GP around 8 times including as a child.
I have been treated at a hospital once for a 2 week stay after a bully pushed me from a climbing frame and fractured my elbow when I was about 8.

can I get a refund on those taxes if I'm being refused treatment for not signing up to the organ donor cartel

thankfully no i'm not on a list. however there is just so much wrong with your post including assuming i'm on a list for a transplant.

people on donor lists aren't rich usually the opposite. the rich can skip the queue by going private.

i wonder why few people have ever helped you. it's likely you know scummy people and tbh it's scummy people who tend to know scummy people.

you'd rather stab a hot iron through your own organs than give them to selfish piece of rich crap? well just lol - sounds like what a scummy peasant would say to be honest.

again can you get a source for your statistics? I'd like to see who carried out the research on how much donor list applicants give to beggars.

been to a GP 8 times? who even counts for a start? then asks for a refund? you pay taxes for all sorts not just seeing a GP. the education you were given that you obviously neglected for a start. the roads you walk, drive, cycle on. the street lights that light up your path, etc, etc. it's not all spent on GP's.

it sounds to me that you are poor and bitter about it. maybe you should help people it may make you less bitter and you can see there are people out there who are worse off. like those on donor lists.

a lot of your statements are so far off the mark it's hilarious.

Caporegime

I posted one earlier.

And I'm glad OP posted this. People have a right to know that they have automatically been placed on the register without their consent.

Soldato
I've already signed up ages back but opted out for Cornea's and Tissue.

Not a fan of the idea laying in a coffin with no eyeballs and missing skin/bones and the likes :p

I don't get this at all, why are your eyes any more you than your big toe nail? They aren't, donate them and give someone the opportunity to see. You'll be dead.

Soldato
Perhaps those who opt out by choice should be dropped to the bottom of transplant lists

I get the point your making, but it's rather ironic that people who are on the transplant list are least likely to be able to opt-in to these things due to damage to their organs.

Back
Top Bottom