Fabric chairs

Associate
Agreed. The pictures of the Pro make it look quite flimsy. The Pro XL looks bigger, and a fair bit wider than the S300, but I don't want to go too far in the other direction and have one that too big. I'm average height ~6ft and normal build, so i think the S300 is probably the best fit.

On the topic of price, i was thinking to hold fire until after this lockdown is over and people get back to the office, to see how prices fair then, but i stupidly got rid of my old office chair yesterday in readiness for a replacement, so am stuck with using a dining room chair until i make a choice. Doh!

Soldato
OP
I've been impulsive for once and bit the bullet on the S300 Camo via Overclockers - £219 seemed like a decent deal. Will let you know how i find it :)

Please do. I do not like the camo design to be honest, but am liking the chair. As I have said before I am not into the gamer looks but of it's a good chair then I can live with them.

Associate
I was looking for something quite subtle. Or at least not a one with flashes of red/yellow, etc. But i'm surprised that the camo one actually took my fancy. Plus it was £40-£50 cheaper and in stock. Will definitely let you know how i get on with it.

Associate
I dont know about the others in the range but the icon is a really uncomfortable chair
switched to a secret lab titan fabric chair now and its a big improvement, particularly the built in lumbar support that wont slip out of place like the pillow you have for most chairs

Soldato
OP
I dont know about the others in the range but the icon is a really uncomfortable chair
switched to a secret lab titan fabric chair now and its a big improvement, particularly the built in lumbar support that wont slip out of place like the pillow you have for most chairs

I am not a big broad shouldered guy, and I currently use a pillow behind my back already which I am used too. I will see how I get on. I may hate it, you never know.

Associate
the secret lab is just a much better chair and they come in at a similar price iirc, things like the mechanism rattling/clicking on the icon, the seat base being hard

the titan seems to be better in all marks imo, ymmv

Associate
Funny thing is though, I was looking at secret labs but decided against it as, once I looked beyond the marketing and professional YouTube reviewers there were a fairly decent number of people out there that had no end of problems with the Secret labs chairs and swear blind that changing to a competitor was the best decision they made. I’ve read in a fair few places that the initial ‘comfort’ that the secret labs chairs offer fade and become too soft, whereas the Noblechairs are designed for better posture and ergonomics rather than a more slouched comfort effect. Hence the feeling of firmness and initial discomfort whilst the user get used to a better sitting posture.

Either way that’s part of the reason I decided to go for one of the mid range chairs, so at least my expectations are lower and I didn’t have to try to decipher the genuine better option for me between secret labs and noblechairs.

Soldato
OP
I must say that my Herman Miller Mirra 2 chair lets farts through very comfortably & allows them to engulf the room fairly quickly for almost immediate appreciation. :p

Well if my icon has an issue and I want to replace it at the same cost, I will still be quids in against your chair...athough fart absorption I think should be a benchmark moving forward.

Associate
https://youtu.be/cLBGKqcqJmg?t=70

I couldnt be bothered to talk about the fabric titan but I bought mine in march and still get things like this appear in my youtube recommendations
the guy waffles an awful lot about youtube comments and support waranty experience so skip to about 11 minutes if you want to get past that

seems like a pretty fair review

Back
Top Bottom