Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato

Probably not a popular choice, but I love my CRV.

We've had it for 8 years now, put over 120k miles on it since we bought it, and its become a part of the family! Got another CRV as my commute car, but its not as special as this one.

Still cleans up ok :)

Soldato
I hired one of these in Georgia with about a billion km on the clock, and it was an absolute trooper on the rough dirt roads!

Still not as good as the Dacia Duster we hired in Namibia though. Put 3500km on that beast in 9 days, and it never got stuck in the sand once. Honestly one of the best cars (and most surprising) cars I've ever driven.

Soldato
Ah I thought so. Paint problems are par for the course with older JDM stuff unfortunately, strong sun over there takes it's toll. My Mark X has not such great paint on the bonnet and roof even after it's already been repainted once. Roof on the Silvia had been repainted already when I got it, I've since had that repainted again too.

agreed! I have clear coat flaking in parts etc. Not great but for a cheap(5kish) run-around I am not sure if I can be bothered, yet.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Probably not a popular choice, but I love my CRV.

We've had it for 8 years now, put over 120k miles on it since we bought it, and its become a part of the family! Got another CRV as my commute car, but its not as special as this one.

Still cleans up ok :)

My mum has a 2014 EX Petrol and I actually quite enjoy driving it. Solid comfortable car and while not the huge estate I want, I'm looking at ~2007 models for myself as a stop-gap. I did 100k in my 08 Civic over 7 years and it was brilliant.

Soldato
My mum has a 2014 EX Petrol and I actually quite enjoy driving it. Solid comfortable car and while not the huge estate I want, I'm looking at ~2007 models for myself as a stop-gap. I did 100k in my 08 Civic over 7 years and it was brilliant.

We've looked at newer ones, but for us, they lack the character. Hopefully still got a quite a few years left in it yet!

Soldato
We've looked at newer ones, but for us, they lack the character. Hopefully still got a quite a few years left in it yet!

There are a few imports that have popped up with the 2.4i engine we never got in our CRVs, I've always liked the CRV and would be tempted with the 2.4, i'm not a diesel guy, nor do I do the mileage for a diesel.

Here's one in fact - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Hon...750805?hash=item23d523d595:g:lusAAOSwkBtemDXC

There's also another on a 13 plate, but its LHD

Don
CR-Vs are surprisingly expensive. That 2.4 is silly though. It's still just a CR-V EX but with a thirsty petrol engine. Why anyone would buy that over the thousands of 2.0i VTECs and 2.2DTECs I don't know.
We've had a 2008 CR-V EX 2.0i since 2013 and it's never let us down in 100,000 miles.

Soldato
Thanks, I almost think they look better than the anthracite version? Still undecided though.

Yours looks nice, is that a 245 Challenge?
I think I prefer them to the anthracite, if for no reason other than they're a bit different to the norm. The shape of the wheel takes to it better than the Xtremes do in silver.

Mine is an original 2017 spec 245, which has all the same standard extras as a Challenge except DCC and Kessy.

Back
Top Bottom