• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
So Jensen wasn't lying then, a RTX laptop is faster than next gen consoles.

Extrapolating from the data giving by that epic games engineer - a RTX2080 is 10% faster than a Xbox Series X and 30% faster than a PlayStation 5

Yer - you know this has been debunked right?
If you're referring to this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgMTjMRPrLk&feature=youtu.be

It's a video of the demo running on a laptop, not the demo itself running on a laptop.

Soldato
Got to be around what was the E3 window.

I'd say Sony look to have pretty much stuck to the plan in terms of info being released.

Everything so far is kind of as you would expect.

Microsoft seem to have pulled the program forward to get in first and built hype for their power house. I mean that could have always been the plan I guess.

Even though Sony were never going to be at E3 it is likely they would have done a big reveal of their own as close to Microsoft as possible.

Associate
Got to be around what was the E3 window.

I'd say Sony look to have pretty much stuck to the plan in terms of info being released.

Everything so far is kind of as you would expect.

Microsoft seem to have pulled the program forward to get in first and built hype for their power house. I mean that could have always been the plan I guess.

Even though Sony were never going to be at E3 it is likely they would have done a big reveal of their own as close to Microsoft as possible.

Havent Sony postponed an event from late February when it was rumoured the PS5 would be shown?

Based on last gen consoles, didnt the PS4 reveal happen in Feb of 2013 with the Xbox in May 2013?

I think if anything Sony are running a bit behind but with no events they have the time to rejig their reveal timetable.

But definitely unusual to have no console picture only 6mth away from release

Soldato
I'm not sure exclusives can tempt me to upgrade from PS4->PS5 in all honesty.

I think I'd rather put the money towards a new rig for playing Cyberpunk 2077 et al. I'm wondering if HZD coming out for PC is going to set a new precedent.

Soldato
Havent Sony postponed an event from late February when it was rumoured the PS5 would be shown?

Based on last gen consoles, didnt the PS4 reveal happen in Feb of 2013 with the Xbox in May 2013?

I think if anything Sony are running a bit behind but with no events they have the time to rejig their reveal timetable.

But definitely unusual to have no console picture only 6mth away from release

Yes and no, they revealed hardware specs and some early games development in Feb, basically a Mark Cerny tech talk but better than his recent one. They didn't fully reveal the console, design and price until June (E3) for release in Nov.

So yeah pretty much the same as what we expect now, if we haven't had any proper reveal by the end of June I'd fully agree with you.

Soldato
I'm not sure exclusives can tempt me to upgrade from PS4->PS5 in all honesty.

I think I'd rather put the money towards a new rig for playing Cyberpunk 2077 et al. I'm wondering if HZD coming out for PC is going to set a new precedent.

Exclusives are literally the only reason I am thinking about a PS5. Microsoft's strategy of releasing first-party games on PC as well as Xbox is consumer friendly but it does make the Series X a bit redundant for anybody who has a powerful gaming PC. That's why although the look and price of the PS5 are both important, it's the launch game lineup and the games that are set to come out within the first year that will be most relevant for me. If they don't have any particularly appealing games at launch then I'll wait until a proper console seller comes out.

Soldato
If they don't have any particularly appealing games at launch then I'll wait until a proper console seller comes out.

I have absolutely binged PS4 exclusives since buying it and it's been some of the best gaming ever for me, however the novelty is starting to wear off a bit now. I can't remember who it was on here that pushed me into buying a PS4 but I owe them a few beers. :D

I'm probably going to get Ghost of Tsushima but the state of TLOU2 and the Naughty Dog drama isn't filling me with confidence for the future. :(

If I'm honest the games I've enjoyed the most lately are indie titles.

Soldato
Exclusives are literally the only reason I am thinking about a PS5. Microsoft's strategy of releasing first-party games on PC as well as Xbox is consumer friendly but it does make the Series X a bit redundant for anybody who has a powerful gaming PC. That's why although the look and price of the PS5 are both important, it's the launch game lineup and the games that are set to come out within the first year that will be most relevant for me. If they don't have any particularly appealing games at launch then I'll wait until a proper console seller comes out.
I'm in exactly same thought/position as yourself, I do want a ps5 ideally at launch but it's gonna need some exclusive early doors me for to do it.

Sony has been brilliant with exclusives throughout PS4 life span so I'm sure they will do good

Soldato
I'm on the fence myself; I was about to sell my PS4 Pro and go back to PC for occasional gaming but I had quite a lot of fun with PS exclusives and some of them are among my all-time favs so maybe it's worth playing the few I have left. On the other hand, I can't imagine many people being in the market for a Pro later.

I'm quite annoyed by 30fps at this point when switching from PC. I'd grab a PS5 but still not sure about it, I never buy consoles on release and it'd have to have really amazing exclusives at launch to sway me into it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm on the fence myself; I was about to sell my PS4 Pro and go back to PC for occasional gaming but I had quite a lot of fun with PS exclusives and some of them are among my all-time favs so maybe it's worth playing the few I have left. On the other hand, I can't imagine many people being in the market for a Pro later.

I'm quite annoyed by 30fps at this point when switching from PC. I'd grab a PS5 but still not sure about it, I never buy consoles on release and it'd have to have really amazing exclusives at launch to sway me into it.
Yeah. I will probably sell mine in July. Then wait a few years for exclusives to build up and grab the PS5 then. Hopefully it will hit the £300 price point by then. My PC and Switch will keep me busy in the mean time :)

Soldato
Yeah. I will probably sell mine in July. Then wait a few years for exclusives to build up and grab the PS5 then. Hopefully it will hit the £300 price point by then. My PC and Switch will keep me busy in the mean time :)

Yeah, I might as well. I went back to replay GoW as I'm not playing much on PC now but when Cyberpunk and the rest comes, I'm not not sure I'll need a console for quite some time.

Don't know if I want to play FFVII before I sell or on the PS5 at 60fps. Leaning towards the latter.

Soldato
Hmm I could be tempted to do this. I'll just keep the games I have to play on PS5 later. My launch Pro sounds like a jet taking off.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I got a newer Pro on Black Friday, hardly ever ramps up and even when it does it is not as intrusive as the way you guys describe it here. But mine is not in a closed enclosure, it has plenty of ventilation.

Going to play games like Gran Turismo and WipeOut and get some enjoyment from them until July. Also recently started playing Uncharted 4 which is one of the last exclusives I was interested in that happened to get free as a part of the PS Plus :)

Yeah, I might as well. I went back to replay GoW as I'm not playing much on PC now but when Cyberpunk and the rest comes, I'm not not sure I'll need a console for quite some time.

Don't know if I want to play FFVII before I sell or on the PS5 at 60fps. Leaning towards the latter.
I already played it, felt perfectly fine at 30fps to me, but then I am not one of those people who need high fps to enjoy a game. If you are going to wait, might as well get it on PC. I will be getting it on Steam to play again once the price drops.

Soldato
Anyone considering packing in PC gaming for these consoles? I am, sort of. Keeping my main PC upgraded and ahead of these consoles seems like it is going to cost too much. So I'm thinking about getting rid of it and just keeping my gaming laptop (much lower spec), combined with a PS5 and Series X.

Soldato
Anyone considering packing in PC gaming for these consoles? I am, sort of. Keeping my main PC upgraded and ahead of these consoles seems like it is going to cost too much. So I'm thinking about getting rid of it and just keeping my gaming laptop (much lower spec), combined with a PS5 and Series X.

More or less done that at the start of this gen. PS4 and X1 are cracking consoles and I've felt I've not needed my PC. This next gen will likely see me push this further

Back
Top Bottom