LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Associate
Basic newbie question: my windows 10 laptop is seeing my monitor as a generic pnp monitor in the drivers. I dont see the 38GL950G drivers on the LG site...

Associate
Well LG are giving me the run around so far - they seem to think it's the fan but don't think there is any issue that warrants a repair.

How can this high pitched hiss be normal??

https://youtu.be/P9ZfiBHVO4A

I'm sending them another video (also posted to youtube above) where the sound is more obvious - hopefully they'll agree that there is actually an issue instead of brushing me off. Quite poor considering the monitor is only a couple of months old and even more expensive than one of their OLED TVs

Associate
S
Basic newbie question: my windows 10 laptop is seeing my monitor as a generic pnp monitor in the drivers. I dont see the 38GL950G drivers on the LG site...

same. I dont think its an issue.

Well LG are giving me the run around so far - they seem to think it's the fan but don't think there is any issue that warrants a repair.

How can this high pitched hiss be normal??

https://youtu.be/P9ZfiBHVO4A

I'm sending them another video (also posted to youtube above) where the sound is more obvious - hopefully they'll agree that there is actually an issue instead of brushing me off. Quite poor considering the monitor is only a couple of months old and even more expensive than one of their OLED TVs

that my friend is a bad bearing for sure. Thats literally classical sign of a bad bearing in a fan. Seriously ridiculous they cant put a damn good fan inside the monitor.

Caporegime
S

same. I dont think its an issue.

that my friend is a bad bearing for sure. Thats literally classical sign of a bad bearing in a fan. Seriously ridiculous they cant put a damn good fan inside the monitor.

Penny pinching. Always amazes me in loads of high end products. You would think when you were buying something that cost £1000+ they would spend the extra £2 needed for a decent fan but no. Some accountant will have costed it up and said if we plan to sell 200,000 units then thats going to cost the company £400k in profit.

Associate
paid 1608.67 for this monitor a week ago, and now its 1499, nice timing
where do you see the price dropped. Amazon dropped the price by 50 bucks thats it.

So that weird ticking sound i had come and go is completely gone. Ive been playing for hours straight past week never came back. As for the fan sound thats normally there. The hissing sound is kinda annoying. Its def Related to the temp of the monitor. I wish i could go in and stick noctua and replace the fan.

Associate
My monitor is still silent and behaving brilliantly, to the point I'm well happy to have paid the old price because I've got to enjoy it for longer. Great news that its getting cheaper tho.

BTW the ICC profile on TFTC is something I use, I think I adjusted the RGB a little bit (49/48/43) and brightness is set to 17, although this would change if I were in room with more ambient light to compete with.

Associate
It's a pretty weird size IIRC, so could be just one firm making it in which case it'll probably end up in the next panel too, although it may be improved if they're getting it in the neck from LG based on complaints and returns. I also wonder if it's more likely to make a noise if the screen is tilted to be anything other than totally vertical (or horizontal I suppose, but that would be pretty weird).

Soldato
It's a pretty weird size IIRC, so could be just one firm making it in which case it'll probably end up in the next panel too, although it may be improved if they're getting it in the neck from LG based on complaints and returns. I also wonder if it's more likely to make a noise if the screen is tilted to be anything other than totally vertical (or horizontal I suppose, but that would be pretty weird).

The only reason it is included in this panel is because of the heat produced by the Gsync v2 module. The refresh won't have a module, it'll be Gsync compatible, so no fan.

Back
Top Bottom