*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Can anyone explain the current firmware/software release naming because they seem to have abandoned the old "outright Beta", "Release Candidate Beta", "Stable Release" and "LTS Release" structure.

I think the word you are looking for there is lucky dip, I personally have no idea what's going on with the firmware naming at the mo.

The switching ones seem the worse, as its RC after RC after RC.

Soldato
Hey,

I'm hoping you guys can help because I'm battling to find a solution for this problem.

I have 1 x AP AC Lite connected to a TP-Link router via ethernet. That's it. I use the Ubiquiti app on my phone to configure it when I need to.

In the past year or so I've been unable to connect to the AP via the app because it keeps telling me that the credentials I'm using are wrong, even though I'm pretty damn sure that the ones I have saved in LastPass are correct.

I am between broadband providers at the moment, so I thought it would be a good time to factory reset the AP in order to gain access to it and reset the password. I've scanned the QR code with the app and it adds it as a standalone device, but when I try to access the AP I get the same error that I did when it rejected the credentials that I thought were correct. I've confirmed that the app is using the default ubnt/ubnt credentials, and the light on the AP is static white.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to have Internet access in order to access the device?

EDIT: Don't worry. It was a PEBKAC mistake. The AP was still connected to the Vodafone router and since I have terminated that service, the AP was asking for sign-in to that network. I plugged the AP back into my trusty TP-Link W9970 router and I can access it just fine now with ubnt/ubnt.

r2EmAY0.png

Last edited:
Don
Does anyone know the name of their yet to be released Gateway? I'm sure I saw it on their community before, but can't find it..

It's similar to the UDM Pro, but without the built in controller, no switch and no CCTV.. Basically a rackmount update to the USG-Pro 4..

Soldato
I believe the target price is US$200. So £200-ish.

It’s still not in Early Access at the moment and UnifiOS/UBiOS is proving challenging to get right on the UDM line so I wouldn’t expect to see anything in stores this side of Christmas.

Soldato
Anyone using a Unifi Dream Machine? Any good? I need a replacement wireless router/access point and this seems to be a good option.

You’ll need to check the Beta firmware threads to make sure that what you need isn’t on the ‘being fixed’ list. The hardware is strong but the firmware/controller integration isn’t quite ready and, while it probably will all get fixed, Ubiquiti have a long history of not fixing things and getting away with it.

Associate
What's the ideal solution then? I'm after (ideally) an all in one solution but whichever consumer wireless router I buy, it's always overwhelmed if more than a few devices try to do anything intensive. I don't have the space or ability to run cables in order to set up a proper unifi system with the various switches, gateways and access points.

I'm assuming that the Amplifi stuff is a similar story? That's also made by Ubiquiti as i understand. This type of thing: https://amplifi.com/gamers-edition

Soldato
I thought Ubiquiti made quality stuff but from reading the above it sounds as if I’d be best looking at bog standard routers and switches. What’s the advantage in going with Ubiquiti?

RJC

RJC

Don
Quick question is the Standard USG still ok to use as I was looking at this with the cloud key 2 so I can take advantage of UniFi Protect - rather purchase a separate NVR only really need 2 / 3 cameras and wanted to keep things simple (if you see what I mean) :eek:

Back
Top Bottom