What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Bought a replacement battery: slightly too tall but managed to fit it with original clamp just without tray; positive terminal fits but is quite tight however the negative terminal is way too small even with the supplied shims so the clamp is nowhere near fitting.

Great fun.

Soldato
Got alloys refurbed but the company did a shocking job, waiting on refund so I can take them somewhere else. The guy was an absolute knob to deal with as well :/

Soldato
More details and pics would certainly be interesting! :eek:

I didn't take pics, but the wheels were so out of shape it was comical and they didn't even bother fixing some of the scuffs and corrosion. Just sprayed over the top :/

The company is called PXwheels. You send your old ones and exchange them for (in theory) newly refurbished ones but quality was just horrific. I tried to complain but the owner just did not give a ****, basically said he is retiring soon so doesn't care.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A quick one: just looking into a slight 'squeak' noise when going over cats eyes and little bumps on an E90 (I think it's from the rear), is that likely to be the bushes?

Soldato
It could be the handbrake cable rubbing against the hangers at the rear suspension. It may have rubbed through the plastic coating so it's metal on metal. That happens on some cars.

Caporegime
I think it’s both rear ones... is it a big job? I’m guessing not but I’m no mechanic :p

I sincerely hope there are more than two bushes at the rear of the car. :p

If you are talking about the main subframe bushes, then it will probably be a fairly big job involving at the very least, unbolting and lowering the subframe.

But those bushes tend to last a fairly long time.

Man of Honour
I sincerely hope there are more than two bushes at the rear of the car. :p

If you are talking about the main subframe bushes, then it will probably be a fairly big job involving at the very least, unbolting and lowering the subframe.

But those bushes tend to last a fairly long time.

Yes I mean it’s coming from both sides (I think)! Hard to tell though. Thanks!

Soldato
Just washed my car and noticed a tiny section of lacquer peel on the front bumper - it's on a body-coloured "strip" about 2 inches thick between the grille and the number plate. At the moment it's about the size of a 5 pence coin and I'm keen to try and "sort" it ASAP to stop it spreading. Since it's luckily not in the middle of a great big panel I'm thinking if I smooth it back with wet sanding or polishing and then mist a few coats of aerosol clear coat on it, then polish it again, it will tidy it up and stop it spreading.

Is this the best way to go about it?

Associate
Replaced my top rad hose that got cooked on a track day @ Donington a few months back when my screamer pipe sheared off and blew hot exhaust gasses all over the hose & some of the wiring. Got lucky it didn't split and managed to get me home.

sdsplHGl.jpg

6MGzPOvl.jpg

vzmHogKl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom