• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
Hmm okay interesting, for that sort of price I would definitely be willing to give it a go. When I priced it up in the past it cost the best part of 700 euros I think, will post picture:
C5mcOPx.jpg

What size tubing would you recommend (internal/external)? Thanks for the help mate :).

We going to get banned by posting this :p

The only I can tell you TR4 block £82 (bitspower) or £86 EK Velocity sTR4, EK-KIT-P360 £330, £110 EK RTX block plus £12 2 EK soft tube fittings. That is around £532 with vat, and you sell the CPU block (Inte/AM4 compaticle from the kit), all bought from UK.

Indeed my estimate was wrong didn't counted vat. I am sorry, but the above number is true as went to stores and picked the items to my basket. You can lower the price also if you find a sale.

Last edited:
Associate
The outlay for custom gear is perhaps not the cheapest but I have been running some of my watercooling gear through many systems being custom next time you only need to switch GPU/CPU blocks and you can add as needed.

My pump is probably old enough to drink :D

Man of Honour
The board doesn't care about that, it'll be looking for the MBR of the drive. There must be a setting somewhere you need to change for it to be seen. Was it definitely installed via UEFI and not BIOS before or something? What's it show in the boot device order?

Man of Honour
On the pre-existing SSD from the other PC? Yes, 100% installed as UEFI.

I’ve got both drives in the new AMD PC now and Windows boots from the new SSD fine, when I go into the BIOS I can see the drive details at the top as I expected to see previously. The old SSD shows nothing in the BIOS but is detected. If I boot up I can access all the files that were on the old SSD and can see the previous Windows directory on there too.. :confused:
That's weird. Check your motherboard manual to see if there's any weird settings you need to change? Normally NVMe is just plug and play.

Associate
On the pre-existing SSD from the other PC? Yes, 100% installed as UEFI.

I’ve got both drives in the new AMD PC now and Windows boots from the new SSD fine, when I go into the BIOS I can see the drive details at the top as I expected to see previously. The old SSD shows nothing in the BIOS but is detected. If I boot up I can access all the files that were on the old SSD and can see the previous Windows directory on there too.. :confused:

I had something weird like that but don't recall how I solved it but I was fiddling about with raid/sata option and also hdd boot options in the bios to make sure the appropriate thing was in the list, with these bios options you have to set then reboot to see changes.

There is another option though and that is win 10 and legacy boot, that may help?

Really annoying for it to disappear after install but I just guessed in my case it was due to removing USB drives and the order list changing where the expected boot drive was.

Back
Top Bottom