Civilization VI

Soldato
OP
Lots of people are complaining that they are getting a "Disk Write Error" when trying to play the update. I managed to get around this by re-installing the game. This isn't exactly a great way to fix this, and I know this won't be an option for some, but if you get the same problem it might be worth looking at that option.

Soldato
Free is free but imo the game is so much better with mods it's not even funny. Same for V. So in that respect it's still better to just buy it on steam for workshop support.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Had a few games with Maya (restarted the first couple to get used to it), it's really weird without the bonus housing. I'm constantly running into housing issues without rushing a builder straight away to get some farms up and running, and one game I had next to no farm land which killed my population growth. Their UU is brilliant though; very strong. The UB is awesome too as most of the time I could pump out an observatory in about 4-5 turns. Trying to get the placement right can be problematic, but if you can get some mountains, plantations, and city centre bonus you're racking up 10 science per turn just from a basic observatory with no library.

Soldato
I have some time this evening. Apocalypse mode = on. Let’s see what happens :eek:

Edit:
What do you do on appease the gods emergency? No idea how to get points on that one

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a few games with Maya (restarted the first couple to get used to it), it's really weird without the bonus housing. I'm constantly running into housing issues without rushing a builder straight away to get some farms up and running, and one game I had next to no farm land which killed my population growth. Their UU is brilliant though; very strong. The UB is awesome too as most of the time I could pump out an observatory in about 4-5 turns. Trying to get the placement right can be problematic, but if you can get some mountains, plantations, and city centre bonus you're racking up 10 science per turn just from a basic observatory with no library.

I do not believe you get mountain bonuses with the Maya for the UB. I read your post and had to check, but unless the help is wrong the bonuses are gone. Still, I have managed to put one between two plantations and 4 fields... :D

Soldato
OP
I do not believe you get mountain bonuses with the Maya for the UB. I read your post and had to check, but unless the help is wrong the bonuses are gone. Still, I have managed to put one between two plantations and 4 fields... :D

Yeah, you're right, just double checked in game (my bad). Still, you can get some really sizable Science bonuses quite early if you can get them next to a bunch of farms/planations. I'm still finding that I keep having to push housing and it takes away a lot of the advantage that Maya gets. Anyone else had any luck getting around the housing issue with Maya? Even the Granary only gets you so far.

Soldato
I am 71 turns in and yes I know what you mean about housing. I actually had quite a slow start but have managed to pen out 6-7 future cities all within 6 of my capital for that bonus, but I am needing to build a builder straight after settling to keep up.

Soldato
Yeah, you're right, just double checked in game (my bad). Still, you can get some really sizable Science bonuses quite early if you can get them next to a bunch of farms/planations. I'm still finding that I keep having to push housing and it takes away a lot of the advantage that Maya gets. Anyone else had any luck getting around the housing issue with Maya? Even the Granary only gets you so far.

aquaduct adds 6 housing to mayan cities as they do not have water.

Soldato
OP
Aye, it's just the early game that is the problem as you can't pump out housing quick enough before you stunt growth. I had more luck stealing workers, but it destroys any diplomacy you are building. Once you get to around turn 70 - 100 it begins to even back out and you start to get a control on the housing, but any advantage that you would have got through Maya's UB/UA is wasted by spamming farms and builders to keep on top of growth. I think I'm going about them wrong though - they have huge gold bonuses, that I'm going to just spam farms and then use the gold to buy other things.

Had a quick game with Gran Colombia so far, and they are ridiculous. Ejercito Patriota needs a major nerf; being able to upgrade a unit and then move/attack is powerful enough, but also getting a global +1 movement to all units is insane. Then around turn 60 I got my first Commandante General, which gave an additional 1 movement and +5 Combat Strength to all units within 2 tiles, and then an extra +4 Combat Strength for melee and anti-cav... I had 41 strength Warrior's at Turn 60 that have 4 movement points, which is just absurd. if I had Iron available at that point I would have had 57 strength Swordsman.

Man of Honour
Had a quick game with Gran Colombia so far, and they are ridiculous. Ejercito Patriota needs a major nerf; being able to upgrade a unit and then move/attack is powerful enough, but also getting a global +1 movement to all units is insane. Then around turn 60 I got my first Commandante General, which gave an additional 1 movement and +5 Combat Strength to all units within 2 tiles, and then an extra +4 Combat Strength for melee and anti-cav... I had 41 strength Warrior's at Turn 60 that have 4 movement points, which is just absurd. if I had Iron available at that point I would have had 57 strength Swordsman.

Yeah when they were first revealed I assumed that the +1 would be very OP in the early game, not so effective in the later game when most units have sufficient movement anyway but in the early game I could see +1 on all units would be huge.

Back
Top Bottom