Tabasco & Soy sauce shelf life?

Soldato
I've got an old bottle of each, both with 2018 end dates. Soy sauce is unopened and says best before October 2018, and Tabasco is opened and used once I think, and says February 2018 but doesn't say best before or expires.

Do you think I can keep either of these?

20200513-190908.jpg

Caporegime
i think soy sauce can go off. tabasco - no chance. most chilli sauces that don't contain fruit are fine.

Original Red Sauce has been handcrafted with just three ingredients: aged red peppers, Avery Island salt and distilled vinegar.

It will likely be impossible for tabasco to go off so long as you don't introduce water and other stuff into the bottle.

Caporegime
I had some soy sauce in the fridge for years and it still smelled and tasted fine.

tomato ketchup seems to last ages as wel, I don't use it often a bottle will last me almost a year opened in the fridge. never had one go off before I've used it.

never seems to go off
edt
Because of the acidity of the tomatoes and vinegar, and the amount of sugar, ketchup has a pretty long shelf life. An unopened container of ketchup can remain stored for up to two years past the printed expiration date. Once the bottle is opened, it will last for another year in the refrigerator.
:O

Back
Top Bottom