Mercedes "DieselGate" class action suit

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
it's absolutely disgusting what they have done and the financial damage it has caused me can't even be put into words.
Haha, my thoughts too!

Seriously though, on what basis could any of us be due any form of financial compensation? None of us have suffered any financial losses as a result of this (bar general diesel bad press and knock on residuals), therefore i find signing a legal agreement to be something that i am reluctant to do. The agreement is certainly not risk free as i read it. There are all sorts of clauses in there, many of which i wont pretend to understand the ramifications, if it dragged on and on and you got bored of potentially lots of cooperation.

Soldato
Well you might lose some used value depending on how much more people care about emissions in the next few years. It did put quite a dent in used VW diesel values.

Permabanned
Haha, my thoughts too!

Seriously though, on what basis could any of us be due any form of financial compensation? None of us have suffered any financial losses as a result of this (bar general diesel bad press and knock on residuals), therefore i find signing a legal agreement to be something that i am reluctant to do. The agreement is certainly not risk free as i read it. There are all sorts of clauses in there, many of which i wont pretend to understand the ramifications, if it dragged on and on and you got bored of potentially lots of cooperation.

You purchased the car because it was more environmentally friendly, fuel consumption, devaluation of price when you resell it, harder to sell in the future.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
You purchased the car because it was more environmentally friendly, fuel consumption, devaluation of price when you resell it, harder to sell in the future.
You sound like a lawyer. I completely agree, this is outrageous, very strong points :D

Soldato
The cheat is to make fuel consumption BETTER :p

For years other manufacturers wondered how the Germans were getting such good emissions and MPG for the HP, now they know how. They actually didn't lol

Soldato
The cheat is to make fuel consumption BETTER :p

For years other manufacturers wondered how the Germans were getting such good emissions and MPG for the HP, now they know how. They actually didn't lol
exactly, all these stupid emissions controls are just their to make the car good for the test they perform to get the rating, over the life of the car they make the car less efficient. the car is burning more fuel to send the gases through a restrictive, clogged up mess and choking on its own exhaust fumes. if anything the manufacturers and owners should be suing whoever made such rubbish tests.

Caporegime
I'm picking up a 2015 diesel B class on the 4th June. I will be putting a claim in, it's absolutely disgusting what they have done and the financial damage it has caused me can't even be put into words.
Seeing as the thread has been bumped, how would you be entitled to claim having bought a 2015 car in 2020 when you were fully aware of the scandal and what you were buying?

Back
Top Bottom