Spec Me - Mid Range Smaller Screen Phone

Associate
My wife has a S8 currently, however has a severely smashed screen and isn't far off being rendered unusable, her contract has now also in a place she can upgrade.

What are the best phones around £350 mark with a smaller screen i.e sub 6"? The market seems to have shifted almost entirely to a larger screen format (even the lower tier samsungs i.e a51/a71 et al).

The best i'm finding really that isn't a downgrade from the s8 is the Pixel 3a? Requirements really are at least 1day casual use battery, and a decent camera.

Even if it's not that much of an upgrade over the s8, it will at least be supported for longer as we tend to keep our phones for 2+years.

Soldato
Spooky, I'm in the same position. looking to replace the wife's Huawei p7 lite.
Been a good phone, but limited onboard storage is becoming an issue, but as you I can't really find a good all rounder which hasn't got a 6"+ screen.

I'll be interested to see what you decide to go for.

Associate
Been looking for similar fir ages, only thing I could find currently available to buy was the 3a. Just ordered that.
The choice fir below 6" phones is non existent at the moment.
Well there's the new iPhone of course.....

Soldato
Shows how underrated and relatively unknown S10e is but definitely fits the bill for a lot of people wanting a "compact" phone with a screen under 6 inches that still packs in plenty of tech.

Not sure on brand new prices still but definitely get one in great condition for £350 and might be some good offers around if she's due an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom