Disney +

Soldato
I got 6 months free when the wife swapped her phone.
Doubt we'll be keeping it on afterwards.
The daughter had already seen all she wants to see, and if you don't fit their niche marvel and star wars groups content it somewhat limited.

Soldato
I used the trial and only watched The Simpsons :o

Not a Marvel or Star Wars fan so decided not to continue the subscription.

I took at a look at what else they had and other than some Disney movies not much else was of interest. Some of the documentaries were decent though.

Soldato
They should have launched it with a marvel series, not sure the mandalorian (as good as it was) warrants a full years subscription.

That said, the new star wars launches today and I paid £20 for me and my lad to watch it at the cinema (now that was a waste of money).

Soldato
I'm not binge watching things on Disney+ but I will still watch The Simpons and some older Micky Mouse animations.

I finally watched Rise of Skywalker and honestly I don't think it's as bad as everyone is making out. One thing I dislike about the newest movies and comedies in general nowadays is the witty moments that are supposed to be funny, feels more like they try forcing you to laugh now when things actually used to be generally funny.

I'm just re-watching Rogue One and I still find it one of the best SW movies.

Associate
I quite like Disney plus, but compared to others, there’s a little bit of a lack of content for me.

for families it’s probably great, if they put on old classics - thinking a Flight of Dragons or Prince Valiant(cartoon not film), would be amazing!

Last edited:
Associate
I'm lucky here, here my TV is one of the oldest models to support 4K HDR. For some reason you cant do 4K HDR with a Xbox One S only X, even though the S can do it.

Soldato
I'm lucky here, here my TV is one of the oldest models to support 4K HDR. For some reason you cant do 4K HDR with a Xbox One S only X, even though the S can do it.
If I'm not wrong the S will play 4k Blu Ray but when it comes to gaming, whilst it supports HDR the resolution is still only 1080p? Only the X has the power to output games in 4K.

Associate
If I'm not wrong the S will play 4k Blu Ray but when it comes to gaming, whilst it supports HDR the resolution is still only 1080p?
Only the X has the power to output games in 4K.

Yes for gaming 1080p or more like 720p lol. As you say though it can play 4k HDR bluray and with plex etc.. so there is no reason what so ever it should not support disney+

Soldato
Yes for gaming 1080p or more like 720p lol. As you say though it can play 4k HDR bluray and with plex etc.. so there is no reason what so ever it should not support disney+
True but the app needs to support it. Like the Sky Q app which only has menus in poor quality just now, I think it's 720p or lower and doesn't have HDR of course.

Soldato
This ^^^ I would put Rogue one with the original 3, the rest are meh at best .

Not watched the latest one yet though.
I watched Rogue one and original three in a single day two week ago. Sadly I had to rely on Disney+ for Rogue One. D+ quality is genuinely awful compared to the 4k Blu-ray's.

Barely touched D+ since release tbh. Feels a bit subpar.

Associate
Watched Hercules yesterday with the family and the child even sat still for it all which is a miracle in this day and age.

Still a great film.

Back
Top Bottom