**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Associate
Hit a problem with my 8 Pro. MMS/Picture messaging just not working on EE. Have spent hours trying fixes that other users have helped with the same problem on this device and also lengthy conversations on the telephone with EE. All APN details correct, Network settings reset numerous times, different messaging apps used but still only 1 in 10 gets sent.

Thinking there's a bug in recent software but OnePlus don't seem to respond/acknowledge the issue when raised on Twitter, their Community Forum, Reddit and Facebook Messenger - seems its brushed under the carpet.

I'm holding out for a few more days else mine is going back - will probably pick up a refurbed Note 10+ or S20+ to replace for now.

Associate
Large percentage of my family are iOS users so they often sending pictures - as they're using iMessage I guess they don't think of them as 'picture messages'. I'm happy to try to convert some of them but then again, shouldn't have to. Just a tad disappointing that a now flagship device introduces a basic flaw like this.

While converting the people closest to me is fine I expect I'll still get the odd unexpected message - I'll have to apologise and respond saying sorry I can't view it on my £800/900 device ;)

Yea - I know I'm probably making a bigger deal of this than I need to - just hope it gets fixed. In the meantime I guess converting those I frequently message to something like WhatsApp would actually be a good idea - especially as I frequently flip flop between iOS and Android. :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
about to pull the trigger on the 8 off amazon for £599 delivered tomorrow.

is there anything other than this around that price that is better ?

Soldato
about to pull the trigger on the 8 off amazon for £599 delivered tomorrow.

is there anything other than this around that price that is better ?

Do you see many benefits over the 7T which is £479 currently?

I would have recommended the 7TPro which is 579, however its out of stock. Both John Lewis.

Soldato
It's amazing how quick we get used to things. I came from a Pixel 3 and now the 8 pro doesn't even feel that big of a phone anymore ha. And I've even come to like the curved display now they've fixed the palm rejection.

A month in and I have to say its been a very solid purchase.

Soldato
It's amazing how quick we get used to things. I came from a Pixel 3 and now the 8 pro doesn't even feel that big of a phone anymore ha. And I've even come to like the curved display now they've fixed the palm rejection.

Very true. I moved from sS10e to 7T Pro and although the difference is stark once you commit to it you soon get used to it. I also just upgraded from MPB 13 to 16 (another story for another day) but pretty much the same thing. I thought the 16 was far too big but once I moved the 13 on and focussed on just the 16 it feels like the new norm.

I also never understood the complaints about the OnePlus palm rejection, I never had any issues with my 7TP, maybe it's just the way I use it, and I have relatively small hands.

Soldato
Good stuff.

On the 8 pro there was a stark improvement after the specific update in regards to palm rejection. It may have been fixed on the 7TP before hand.

And on another note my 55 inch telly was a huge jump (in more ways than just SIZE) from the old 46. Now I'm yearning for 65. It never ends haha.

Soldato

How have you found the change in software experience?

Back
Top Bottom