• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The original statement was

Fairly sure some models of 2080 are still on sale. Now we just have to talk about the RTX Titan and how all its not a gaming card anymore.
I don’t care what people say, to me the RTX Titan is a gaming card. It is their top end gaming card. The only Titan that could be considered also a professional card as I recall is the first Titan as it had DP. Since then they have all been gaming cards.

Associate
So you are saying Nvidia are actively supporting 4 products within 20% of eachother and the "Super" brand isn't to replace the standard variants?
I'm not saying anything other than disagreeing with your statement that the 2070s is the 3rd best GPU available on the market. You can try and spin around in circles if you want.

Soldato
I don’t care what people say, to me the RTX Titan is a gaming card. It is their top end gaming card. The only Titan that could be considered also a professional card as I recall is the first Titan as it had DP. Since then they have all been gaming cards.

Titan V so two and the rest are pretty much gaming cards as you say.

Soldato
Even if RT performance is a 2X increase it still won't be nearly enough. Worse still any RT increases will mostly get eaten up by game devs trying to use it even more.

As to the 40% bump from 2080 Ti to 3080 Ti, this is possible but if NVidia go for it this will result in very expensive cards.

I think Ray Tracing will only really get there on the generation after Ampere.

good things that RT performance is 4x then

The target is to have no performance impact from having RT on. Though you are correct some devs will use it as an excuse to add more RT into the game

Soldato

Didn't realise that.

So, 1st card to display 4k high hz. :cool: Nice

Soldato
I had heard that figure used before but NVidia have a way of inflating things like this.

When we get independent reviews I think the actual figure will be much lower.

I hope you're wrong but you're probably right.

With the 2080ti Nvidia said it's 6x faster than the 1080ti in RT, as it turns out that number is only achievable with full scene path tracing which no new games so far uses, they all use specific Asset ray tracing like reflections And then the performance difference is much much smaller, often only 2x or 3x

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Titan V so two and the rest are pretty much gaming cards as you say.
Oh yea. Forgot about that one! I think only Kaapstad purchased that one :p

Didn't realise that.

So, 1st card to display 4k high hz. :cool: Nice
Lol. DP = Double Precision dude.

Either that, or is a green leprechaun that magically appears around these parts and vigorously defends nvidia as soon as someone says anything negative about them :p

Associate
Have a 2080 right now, value seems to be about £500 including delivery. These new GPU's come out in September?

When would be the best time to sell my 2080 then buy whatever GPU is around £500?

I'm hoping I can get a 10%-20% performance upgrade for around the same price.

Soldato
Have a 2080 right now, value seems to be about £500 including delivery. These new GPU's come out in September?

When would be the best time to sell my 2080 then buy whatever GPU is around £500?

I'm hoping I can get a 10%-20% performance upgrade for around the same price.
Selling it now would most likely be the best time as no one knows what the prices are going be like in the future

And no one knows when the new GPU's are going be released or what there prices are going to be or when there going to be enough stock after there released to actually get your hands on one...

Everything is only going be people guessing

Back
Top Bottom