Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Search this thread, heaps of recent recommendations.

@Conscript Just use water. Cover the battery, stick a microfibre cloth over the alternator and any overly exposed electronics (like ABS module if in exposed position). Absolutely no harm to be done on modern engines with low pressure water sprayed at a wide angle. Harm can only be done if you blast very high pressure water into sensitive electrical components and then attempt to start the vehicle without seeing them out.

Associate
My "prokleen" snow foam lance decided to break on me yesterday as I was washing 3 cars. The actual lance portion is fine but it no longer screws onto the plastic bottle. I have the autoglym canon on the way and have purchased a few spare plastic bottles as it would be a shame to have the lance go to waste.

Also , can anyone recommend a good quick detailer? My bottle of sonax bsd is almost finishing.

Soldato
Cleaned the honda today, coat of soft99 fusso, interior cleaned and dressed. Wheels sealed and tyres cleaned and sealed.

The raceglaze filter is such a good buy! Rinsed the car and left it to dry in the sun..only spotting left was near boot area where water ran down from the actual wash with unfiltered water but that took 5 seconds to wipe off.

Associate
Washed, clayed and dug out the g220 and used meguiars ultimate compound and polish on a hexlogic white pad. Colinite 476 to finish.
bstogJL.jpg
g3PItSJ.jpg

Need some help with this scratch and some swirls. I was thinking use a cutting pad: yellow or orange - any suggestions? Or try meguiars 105? Poorboys swirl remover 2.5?
NVYuNPD.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Very different, they're partially ceramic based instead of water or solvent. Duration is significantly longer, months versus weeks, and generally gets a deeper colour and more glossy finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom