Desktop speakers /gaming/guitar

Soldato
Hi all,

Just wondering what some of you would recommend for the best desktop speakers out there for mainly gaming/guitar-music.

I currently have razer nommo chroma and find them awfully underwhelming especially when it comes to music.

I have a budget of around 400.

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
I picked up a pair of Dynaudio Xeo 2 a few months ago for just over £400. Opened box from rainforest warehouse. Just have to keep an eye and wait for bargains to pop up. They were as new and less than half price. They sound great on the desk, wonderful sound for the money.

Soldato
Personally I'm a fan when you get to £400+ of buying small bookshelfs and an AMP (if possible a DAC/AMP combo), then later on you can add a sub if you want that next level/dimension of bass.
I went down my local hifi shops and demo'd a few setups, they where very good at recommending good pairings of amp/speakers. My requirements where to fit on the desk, so that limited me to the small or very small bookshelfs, but honestly they sound great with everything
However, for a small but good sounding setup, it would be a bit more like £450 to £500 for the following options

Speakers
DALI Zensor Pico - £120
DALI Zensor 1 / Spektor 1 (Small speakers, but 24cm deep so need a little more desk space) - £150
Q Acoustics 3010i (£150) or 3020 (£120), slightly deeper again, but also good VFM

Amps
Denon PMA-30 - £300
Yamaha WXA-50 - £350
NAD D3020 v2 - £350

Then later on a sub:
BK Elec Gemini II £200

Definitely look for bargains, I bagged a TEAC A-H01 (Amp + DAC Desktop combo for £199 which was half price).
In total I've spent £600 for the speakers/amp/dac/sub and haven't regretted it once. Of course there is better sounding products, but not unless I spend a lot more and give up more desk space than I have.

Back
Top Bottom