Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
I'm probably even more nuts because I already finished the story Xbox One and I decided to buy the PC version a few days back, although I've not paid anywhere near full price for either version thanks to discounts. I've done similar with a couple of GTA games and I was fine with that, too. The weird thing is that although I completed the story on Xbox I still found myself wrapped up in encounters, places on the map and other things for a few hours yesterday that I had never seen on Xbox, so if that continues it is still going to be worth it for me. What is annoying is that I can't bring myself to have negative honor even though though I took the honorable route on Xbox, I'll have to make a separate save game to try and go for a dishonorable run through at some point. The plan with the PC version is to try and take everything in and see everything rather than blitzing through the story like I did on Xbox and so far it is going well.

My PC is fairly rubbish by today's standards, but I took a gamble buying the game on PC and found that it actually runs it well enough at 1080p to be more than comfortable to play for hours on end. I think my graphics card is what is pulling most of the weight in this game at the moment as everything else only meets minimum requirements.

Soldato
Since they have been giving out 50% bonus for flower sets online today I had only just realised why I wasn’t getting a couple of the flowers. Two of them only appear at night are are in tricky places.

Soldato
My PC is fairly rubbish by today's standards, but I took a gamble buying the game on PC and found that it actually runs it well enough at 1080p to be more than comfortable to play for hours on end. I think my graphics card is what is pulling most of the weight in this game at the moment as everything else only meets minimum requirements.

Providing you have enough cores and threads, the age of the CPU and clock speed doesn’t seem to matter.

For a game that looks as good as it does, Rockstar have achieved something special here :)

Soldato
Sorry to bump thread again but looking at my dog will I be able to play this game with majority of settings on high/medium. I'm probably just going to put the hardware unboxed settings straight on and see how it plays.

Tempted by the ultimate edition for under £40

Soldato
Sorry to bump thread again but looking at my dog will I be able to play this game with majority of settings on high/medium. I'm probably just going to put the hardware unboxed settings straight on and see how it plays.

Tempted by the ultimate edition for under £40
I’m on a 980m and play on medium settings at 1080p

Soldato
Anyone else noticing a much higher level of aggression by other online players? Before most players were friendly but I’ve played a few games now and been harassed by posses or other players. Sometimes they just shoot you for no reason, try to run you over or hog tie you while you are walking around town.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Anyone else noticing a much higher level of aggression by other online players? Before most players were friendly but I’ve played a few games now and been harassed by posses or other players. Sometimes they just shoot you for no reason, try to run you over or hog tie you while you are walking around town.

I could have saved £33 and just moved back to Croydon.

Soldato
I could have saved £33 and just moved back to Croydon.
:D

I switched over to a tank setup for my ability cards which has already saved me a couple of times today. Need to practice pulling out a knife when someone tries to hogtie so I cut free. The other option is just to respawn myself (a tactic I read online today).

Raz

Raz

Soldato
:D

I switched over to a tank setup for my ability cards which has already saved me a couple of times today. Need to practice pulling out a knife when someone tries to hogtie so I cut free. The other option is just to respawn myself (a tactic I read online today).

I'll find out soon enough how it is - the day I picked it up I started coughing, so am isolating from my family - PC's downstairs :(. Saying that, that's the least of my problems...

Soldato
I'll find out soon enough how it is - the day I picked it up I started coughing, so am isolating from my family - PC's downstairs :(. Saying that, that's the least of my problems...
Not good. Hope you are not suffering too much.

There are few useful things for online. I’ve found collector role the fastest to level up. It’s worth getting into the other roles to add more to the game. I’m on the horse I got a bonus content for the ultimate edition but will change to the Missouri foxtrotter soon. My ability cards are slow and steady, iron lung, never without one and strange medicine. The rolling block rifle is a must have and I also use a pump action shotgun as a secondary weapon.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Not good. Hope you are not suffering too much.

There are few useful things for online. I’ve found collector role the fastest to level up. It’s worth getting into the other roles to add more to the game. I’m on the horse I got a bonus content for the ultimate edition but will change to the Missouri foxtrotter soon. My ability cards are slow and steady, iron lung, never without one and strange medicine. The rolling block rifle is a must have and I also use a pump action shotgun as a secondary weapon.

Thanks, and that's helpful to know. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out at the weekend. :)

Soldato

Feel better soon mate! If you find your self up in the crack of dawn wanting to play games, I'll be around due to time differences. Just ping me on here.

Associate
Might just get it then and see if it plays alright, if not i can always put it to my backlog and try again when i upgrade my computer next year.
I'm playing at 1440p with an 8600 and a 1070ti and it runs well, most settings towards the higher end with the particularly taxing ones dropped, and I'm averaging around 55-60fps

Soldato
Might just get it then and see if it plays alright, if not i can always put it to my backlog and try again when i upgrade my computer next year.

Runs fine at 1080p in my pc in sig, your pc is a step up from mine... cant remember what settings im using, mixture of high and medium i think, whatever it defaulted to. Looks great so Ive not bothered to experiment with higher settings.

Soldato
Bought the ultimate edition for £38, gonna take 6 hours to download 115gb so not too bad.
Tips for enjoying the game I have read that you should take your time and get engrossed in the world especially between chapters 2 and 3. It sounds like its gonna have a good world to explore, i couldnt get on with AC origins as it didnt feel very alive, just a big boring world with boring missions.

Should I leave auto aim on or off?

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to play for about 4 hours. Settings I am very surprised with I just ramped it up to one setting from "quality over performance" and I seem to be getting early 50fps on average. The game plays smooth and looks pretty damn great.
Started chapter 2 and have done a few missions and also done some hunting rabbits.
The world does seem a lot more alive going by the first town you visit. Looking forward to my next session on the game and exploring the world a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom