Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
I'd say that if you buy from a reputable source or on a credit card, it's worth the risk.
There's nothing else that is even close in this price range. (Unless you go VA)

It's clear that much of the issues relate to physical damage at some point, rather than faults in the panel itself or firmware

Caporegime
Going to bget this. Returning my benq 35 VA. The screen is just too shiny.
Thought blacks would be better. But I actually think they are better on the ips

And LG 34gk950f as there's too much back light bleed.

Caporegime
OP
Well surprisingly mine came today, no text or anything to say it was arriving!

Was a bit worried as damage to the box, however, all set up and it looks very promising! Ever so slight amount of bleed with the typical IPS glow, one stuck pixel near the bottom I think. I will say that the blacks do look better on my 29um65 I think but that was exceedingly good for an IPS panel.

Matte/anti glare finish, more of a hazy effect than the LG I think, however, the increased PPI/higher res. definitely offers a sharper experience, think I would rather have a smoother finish personally but all in all, I can't complain too much....

Will post more thoughts later as got to get back to work now.

But so far, definitely thumbs up from me!

Caporegime
Isn't that screen 2 to 3x the price too? This is why I'm willing to accept some minor issues on this panel, the screen quality and price is simply awesome value... providing the screen doesn't arrive smashed to bits that is!

This is it. Its twice as expensive. It isn't twice as good surely?

Associate
Got mine on Saturday and all seems good. I have had one instance of it waking up from sleep and getting a slight misalignment between left and right, and this morning on booting up my PC only the left side of screen came on. In both cases turning the monitor off and on again resolved the issue. Should I be worried about either of these? This is my first high refresh rate monitor so no experience if these types of behaviours are normal?
Using with a RTX 2070 super, and GSync seems to be working fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine on Saturday and all seems good. I have had one instance of it waking up from sleep and getting a slight misalignment between left and right, and this morning on booting up my PC only the right side of screen came on. In both cases turning the monitor off and on again resolved the issue. Should I be worried about either of these? This is my first high refresh rate monitor so no experience if these types of behaviours are normal?
Using with a RTX 2070 super, and GSync seems to be working fine.

I have had both of these issues, always seems to be issues with the left hand side for me. I have actually boxed the monitor up after I had a few issues in a row but I am waiting to hear back from OcUK and Iiyama on the issue. It does feel more like a firmware/software issue so I have hopes that there might be a a fix for it but I have mentally resigned myself to sending it back which is a shame as it was a really nice panel. That being said, a few people on here have been having these issues and seem happy to turn it off and and on again every now and again.

Caporegime
OP
Will keep my eye out for these flickering/sleep etc. issues.

I wonder if this is a firmware problem, will we be able to update the firmware ourselves....

Associate
I'd say that if you buy from a reputable source or on a credit card, it's worth the risk.
There's nothing else that is even close in this price range. (Unless you go VA)

It's clear that much of the issues relate to physical damage at some point, rather than faults in the panel itself or firmware
Might be a good idea to wait for them to fix packaging and firmware issues. These issues could be ironed out in future batches. I think I will wait, monitor could be available for less too due to sales/offers.

Associate
The wake from standby issue seems reasonably common across some monitors - just looking at this thread, for example: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-glitch-on-side-of-screen-with-gsync-monitor/

Doesn't sound like it's fixable if it's been going on for so long, but at least it seems like it doesn't impair the display's functionality long term. I've sent them an email about it so who knows, but I'm not holding my breath. I also doubt QC/packaging will improve significantly to be honest. That's where they are cutting costs to arrive at the £400 price.

It seems like the acer XV340CK, which is using the same panel, doesn't have these issues - or at least I've not read about any reports. So that could be an option for some extra peace of mind @ £250 extra, of course.

Associate
Hi all,

How are you finding working/gaming on a flat ultrawide? I sit about 2ft from screen and am in the market for a new monitor to replace my aging (but served me well) Dell U2412M monitor.

This Iiyama looks like a good deal and my last Iiyama served me very well (it was one of their Flatron Vision Master Pro CRTs :D).

I was originally going to upgrade to 1440p and was looking at the Dell S3220DGF (having seen it on some very good discounts recently). However, given how long I intend to keep my screen, I think it is better to go to ultrawide in the long term :cool:.

I think I read somewhere that Iiyama have a curved 34 inch ultrawide coming out soon??? – but this will be on a VA panel (not sure if anyone has any details on this???).

My budget is up to £600 and I need Freesync as I went for one of Gibbo’s deals last Dec on a Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 8GB GAMING OC.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Associate
Just a thought. Older GPU's may need a firmware update to use DP 1.3 or 1.4. Could it be that the cards are just not happy with the resolution ?
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/
I had a google search, can't find similar upgrade for AMD cards, I guess its same to assume one is not needed for AMD cards or that cards which are able to support such specs have already firmware inbuilt to drivers?

Associate
I’m just thinking about the throughput on people’s cards and cables.on an older card the GPU May be capable but you could be hitting the limits of the cable or display port version

Caporegime
OP
Well no problems so far with flickering, standby etc. My GPU is Vega 56 and connected via DP (I'm using one I got from amazon iirc)

Unsure what to do, there is some bleed but it is very little, in fact, you could probably say mine was good when compared to the majority of IPS panels out there.....) also when I apply some pressure to the bezel on the bottom, it goes....

BTW for those who noticed the warping at the sides when you start to look at it from an angle, I think this is kind of normal for UW as my 29 has it too but it's not as obvious because it's a smaller display.

My lg 29 definitely had ever so slightly blacker blacks and less bleed and a less hazy finish but colours overall are better on iiyama. I always wonder could I have caused the bleed issues with how I was handling the monitor when setting it up, I don't think I applied too much pressure to the screen although I did ever so slightly hit it of my chair :p

For £400, it is superb, can't complain too much really.

What settings are people using then? So far I have got my brightness set to 25 and contrast to 50 and the warm colour setting (remember whites are technically suppose to have a slightly warmer/yellow tone), haven't messed with the overdrive etc. stuff yet.

Back
Top Bottom