2080Ti Build

Associate
I am looking to buy a new PC that will satisfy my gaming needs for the future, please help me.

I need absolutely everything in the case including the case, either in parts or prebuilt. So far im set on 2 parts which are listed below, hopefully that will will give you an idea of my budget.

Known Parts (i think)

GFX: 2080TI (not sure about which version to go with)

CPU: 9900K (it seems best for my needs and id rather go with nvidia over amd)

Unknown Parts

Monitor: I would like a 144hz monitor that is good for gaming and ideally cost effective rather than top end.

HDD/SSD: I would like fast drives as possible for my operating system, preferably 1TB-2TB so i can load my favourite games as well.

Motherboard: Something compatible with the rest, the minimum i can get by with without throttling any of my other parts, i probably wont overlock anything.

RAM: As much as possible without going overkill, good memory for gaming etc.

RGB: Not a huge fan of flashy cases and lights, I dont mind a bit of RGB so long as its tasteful, i like Corsair brand in the past.

Additional parts: I have a mouse and keyboard and headset already.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer someone who is severely out the loop on this tech

Soldato
It's actually a really bad time to want to build a new pc at the moment, with so much new tech on the horizon buying now may leave a sour taste in your mouth knowing you could have had more for your money. I refer to the rumored up coming ampere gpu's from NVIDIA and rdna2 from AMD which are said to land around September onward's, from early reports they are supposed to make 2nd gen rtx cards look very slow.

regarding your choice of cpu's theirs nothing wrong with the 9900k as its a sold chip for gaming, the only quibble is that when you come to upgrade your likely going to need a new chip and board, as the 9900k is the top chip for z390, going down the 10th gen route would be the same as it's known that Intel only plan to support 2 generation of cpu's on lga 1200 before moving again to a new platform revolving around a lga 1700 socket, so again your options are a bit limited like the 9900k idea.

If you feel Intel will offer you more in the way of gaming performance, then go for a 9900k, if you wanted a bit more performance and don't mind the extra power draw go the whole hog and opt for a 10900k and a z490 build. However with the release of 3rd gen ryzen Intel are really on the back foot in most areas and the gaming benefit is around 5-10% at best, which in real world is around 5-7fps quicker in games for Intel, also AMD are going to embarrass Intel with its up coming 4th gen ryzen by the end of the year, the gaming gap could be next to nothing or AMD could overtake Intel

you'd need to know at what resolution would suite your needs, ie 1080p for max fps, 1440p for high fps, 4k for good fps. A 2080ti would be best suited for 1440p that way you get a reasonable fov in games plus a decent frame rate.

tbh if you can hold out until the end of the year, you'd be far better off and able to drop a fair wad of cash on new tech that is on the way.

Soldato
I think going for the 3600 ram is more for those who dont want to overclock and just set XMP. If you dont mind a bit of overclocking then buying the 3200/14 will save a bit of cash over the 3600/16 and should have the same OC potential as they are both from the same bin.

I saved £40 at the time by going with the 3200/14 over the 3600/16 and overclocked it myself and its now running 3800/16.

Back
Top Bottom