Compatibility issue with X570 and 32GB(2x16) RAM(Solved, PSU was faulty)

Associate
Hi guys,

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X v.1.0 with bios F12e
CPU: 3900X

I do have problem to buy compatible ram for my motherboard. My current ram is:

CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 which is on the list:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-gaming-x_matisse_191231.pdf

Now the problem is the only way I got my ram work and dont crash my pc is:

"The following settings solved his issue:
- Enable XMP
- Set DRAM voltage manually to 1.35V
- Set RAM multiplier to 32x
- Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would) important!
- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP would important!"

Now sometimes when I play WoW or Gears Tactic I do get some random shutdowns of my PC. Its like someone would take switch power off. Now as I do not have any other type of ram to test with I would like to ask you guys what is best ram I could go for 3200 min and 3733 max 32GB to run on my motherboard?

Any help would be nice.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X v.1.0 with bios F12e
CPU: 3900X

I do have problem to buy compatible ram for my motherboard. My current ram is:

CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 which is on the list:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-gaming-x_matisse_191231.pdf

Now the problem is the only way I got my ram work and dont crash my pc is:

"The following settings solved his issue:
- Enable XMP
- Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would) important!
- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP would important!"

Now sometimes when I play WoW or Gears Tactic I do get some random shutdowns of my PC. Its like someone would take switch power off. Now as I do not have any other type of ram to test with I would like to ask you guys what is best ram I could go for 3200 min and 3733 max 32GB to run on my motherboard?

Any help would be nice.

One question as per the other thread, have you tried resetting your memory timings to all on auto then trying XMP?

Soldato
^^This, also a complete random shutdown like that without a BSOD sounds like the Fabric crashing to me, make sure you manually set the FCLK to half of your effective ram speed and also giving a little extra SoC / NB voltage wouldnt hurt, total of 1.1v should be plenty, especially as you are running 32gb across 2 sticks.

Associate
OP
One question as per the other thread, have you tried resetting your memory timings to all on auto then trying XMP?

With XMP windows see it as 2133. Basically when i sett to XMP profile Gears Tactic dont even start and it switch off my pc after loading screen when I should get menu screen.

Associate
OP
^^This, also a complete random shutdown like that without a BSOD sounds like the Fabric crashing to me, make sure you manually set the FCLK to half of your effective ram speed and also giving a little extra SoC / NB voltage wouldnt hurt, total of 1.1v should be plenty, especially as you are running 32gb across 2 sticks.

What do you mean fabric crashing?

Soldato
What do you mean fabric crashing?

The infinity fabric, its part of the CPU, its the link between the cores and the IO die, if you've left it on auto it may not be setting itself correctly, since RyZen 3000, its been an option in the bios to set it manually, its best to keep it 1:1 with your ram, so if your effective ram speed is 3600mhz set it to 1800mhz, if your ram is 3200mhz set it to 1600mhz, its normally labelled in the bios as FCLK.

When I was first playing around with RyZen 3000, a sign of the fabric seriously unstable was instant off's, no warning, like someone had flicked the power switch, and as it gets better, you then start to get random off's, same scenario, only it could happen 15 mins into using my PC, or an hour in.

Also I always ask, please make sure your ram is in the correct slots, it should be slots 2 and 4.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The infinity fabric, its part of the CPU, its the link between the cores and the IO die, if you've left it on auto it may not be setting itself correctly, since RyZen 3000, its been an option in the bios to set it manually, its best to keep it 1:1 with your ram, so if your effective ram speed is 3600mhz set it to 1800mhz, if your ram is 3200mhz set it to 1600mhz, its normally labelled in the bios as FCLK.

When I was first playing around with RyZen 3000, a sign of the fabric seriously unstable was instant off's, no warning, like someone had flicked the power switch, and as it gets better, you then start to get random off's, same scenario, only it could happen 15 mins into using my PC, or an hour in.

Also I always ask, please make sure your ram is in the correct slots, it should be slots 2 and 4.

Yes it is in A2 and B2 slots. My settings of ram are as above. I'm total noob in this field. I'm more than happy to buy new ram like 8 pack team group 3600 32gb but no clue what settings to get it work properly.

Associate
OP
OK did test. With 4 sticks of ram 4x16GB Gears tactic switch off my pc after 5 mins of game play. When I left only 2x16GB slot A2 and B2 i could play for 30+ mins no issues. Now I'm so confused as my ram is on the list with 1,2,4 slot configuration and on 3200 speed. XMP don't work at all. The most stable run so far with some random switch offs i have with this settings:

- Enable XMP
- Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would)
- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP

What make me more confused is when i run FruMark+Cinebench for hour there is no crashes at all. Did run ryzen dram calculator benchmark to and no errors. Memtest86 for more than 3 hours with 10test each run with 0 errors.

Soldato
OK did test. With 4 sticks of ram 4x16GB Gears tactic switch off my pc after 5 mins of game play. When I left only 2x16GB slot A2 and B2 i could play for 30+ mins no issues. Now I'm so confused as my ram is on the list with 1,2,4 slot configuration and on 3200 speed. XMP don't work at all. The most stable run so far with some random switch offs i have with this settings:

- Enable XMP
- Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would)
- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP

What make me more confused is when i run FruMark+Cinebench for hour there is no crashes at all. Did run ryzen dram calculator benchmark to and no errors. Memtest86 for more than 3 hours with 10test each run with 0 errors.

Sorry for all the lines everywhere, this is the only picture I could find, see the yellow instuctions, best man for this job is @orbitalwalsh he knows the Gigabyte bios inside and out, im more MSI.

2XPpUcG.jpg

uld1CVd.jpg

Associate
OP
Sorry for all the lines everywhere, this is the only picture I could find, see the yellow instuctions, best man for this job is @orbitalwalsh he knows the Gigabyte bios inside and out, im more MSI.

2XPpUcG.jpg

uld1CVd.jpg

Did as recommended and when I try Gears Tactic game I get same switch offs of my pc. Meaby its jost a game but i had similar issues with World of warcraft. I will keep below settings:

- Enable XMP
- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 58 instead of 54 as XMP
- FCLK 1600
- Vcore Soc 1.1

and test in wow later on if it crash.

Any idea what to use to check my ram stability? As when I run Frumark or cinbench I dont have any issues but so far only games.

Soldato
Did as recommended and when I try Gears Tactic game I get same switch offs of my pc. Meaby its jost a game but i had similar issues with World of warcraft. I will keep below settings:

- Enable XMP
- Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 58 instead of 54 as XMP
- FCLK 1600
- Vcore Soc 1.1

and test in wow later on if it crash.

Any idea what to use to check my ram stability? As when I run Frumark or cinbench I dont have any issues but so far only games.

Just a thought, what power supply do you have?

Associate
OP
Tbh i spend last 4 days to try sort it out and find the issue. Did all with my current sticks of ram and would need to wait for 8 pack ones 3600 c14 two sets of 2x8 in total 32gb. If they would not work I will try psu for bigger one and if that no help then try rma mobo.

All settings I found regarding my ram and mobo I did try. Don't want to run my ram at 2133 or any other than 3200 i did pay for. I just want to check 8 pack ones as read loads of good comments and feedback. They should work with my mobo if not I'm willing to change mobo srsly just to get it working.

How I can check ram stability or overal pc stability? How come games make my pc shutdown and frumark with cinebench working together don't? They are under stress at 100% where none of the titles I play do so.

There is nothing in event logs other than kernel-power which just says my pc was shutdown wrong way.

Meaby there is any test you could recommend to run?

Soldato
Tbh i spend last 4 days to try sort it out and find the issue. Did all with my current sticks of ram and would need to wait for 8 pack ones 3600 c14 two sets of 2x8 in total 32gb. If they would not work I will try psu for bigger one and if that no help then try rma mobo.

All settings I found regarding my ram and mobo I did try. Don't want to run my ram at 2133 or any other than 3200 i did pay for. I just want to check 8 pack ones as read loads of good comments and feedback. They should work with my mobo if not I'm willing to change mobo srsly just to get it working.

How I can check ram stability or overal pc stability? How come games make my pc shutdown and frumark with cinebench working together don't? They are under stress at 100% where none of the titles I play do so.

There is nothing in event logs other than kernel-power which just says my pc was shutdown wrong way.

Meaby there is any test you could recommend to run?

As I've seen others mention gaming can stress your system in a different way to synthetic tests. If say that gaming in this situation is a good way to test as that's what you want to do and some sort of instability in your system is causing it to fall over. I'll be very interested to see if the 8Pack stuff works or if trying another PSU helps. The other thing to try is do you have a spare drive and try a completely fresh install of Windows to see if that helps?

Soldato
Seasonic 650W
SS-650KM

Yes PSU is a good shout, out of interest too, which GPU are you using, are temps etc OK on that and is it new ?

Tests that you've run so far will stress the CPU, Motherboard and Ram, but not really the GPU, but as @Troezar said, games will stress the system with different types of code and different ways compared to synthetic tests, however, it might be worth running a GPU stress test, something free like heaven bench will do it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes PSU is a good shout, out of interest too, which GPU are you using, are temps etc OK on that and is it new ?

Tests that you've run so far will stress the CPU, Motherboard and Ram, but not really the GPU, but as @Troezar said, games will stress the system with different types of code and different ways compared to synthetic tests, however, it might be worth running a GPU stress test, something free like heaven bench will do it.

I do have Gigabyte arorus 1080ti extreme edition cooled by kraken and temps never go above 55 C. CPU is cooled by arctic cooler 360 and temps never go above 50 C while gaming.

I did use Furmark to stress gpu and cinebench all together and no crashes. None of the games use cpu and gpu at 100% anyway.

Regarding nes system on other drive I do use M.2 drives and system is pretty fresh.

I did install all latest drivers including amd x570 chipset drivers, lates bios on mobo and latest drivers for gpu. All temps are not even close to the max temps while stressing.

Its very interesting why my pc switch off randomly as all my tests on ram with memtest86 passes but like a lot said this test means nothing as ram can be stable in test but not work with the rest.

When my pc shutdown itslef and I switch it back on I do get my bios reset every time its happened. I need to set everything again as its on default settings. Worst part is my pc do the same even on default settings.

There is no log I can check what's happen. Windows don't log anything ether as have no chance. In event log I have only kernel-power error 41 which means my pc did close not the right way.

I can't come up with solution till new ram come in as can't find anyone using the same ram kit on the same motherboard. Seen someone running it on x570 with above settings and this is the only point of start for me.

If i i s XMP in bios it doesn't do anything as in windows win is seen as default 2133...really no clue what to do at this point.

Soldato
Byuldzoid has a video able getting the most out of Aorus boards with ryzen . Worth a look.

Sorry, been recovering from Covid 19 so only been floating about

@GIGA-Man might be able to dig out about ram kit with Gigabyte but currently bank holiday so most likely having a BBQ like everyone else south of the wall (Aberdeen me)

Associate
I do get some random shutdowns of my PC. Its like someone would take switch power off.

When I had that with my PC it was caused by the cheap PSU I had in my PC at the time. With yours being Seasonic it seems less likely. How old is your PSU?

Associate
OP
Byuldzoid has a video able getting the most out of Aorus boards with ryzen . Worth a look.

Sorry, been recovering from Covid 19 so only been floating about

@GIGA-Man might be able to dig out about ram kit with Gigabyte but currently bank holiday so most likely having a BBQ like everyone else south of the wall (Aberdeen me)

Hi, did fallow this :

Definitive guide to configuring the Ryzen 3900X/3950X and all other 3000 Series CPUs
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...-3950x-and-all-other-3000-series-cpus.264701/

Did all from above on the video regarding gigabyte and as soon I run gear tactics after 2 min in the game my pc switching off. Funny part is I can run any of the benchmarks with no issues/errors. Stressing GPU+CPU dont give me any errors or shutdowns. Only when gaming and so far its World of Warcraft or Gears tactic. Basically no matter what settings I do in Bios system is switching off itself randomly in games as that what I test and use my pc with. I play games mainly.

Ordered 8 Pack sticks and will put them in and see if there is any difference. Hope they arrive soon.

When I had that with my PC it was caused by the cheap PSU I had in my PC at the time. With yours being Seasonic it seems less likely. How old is your PSU?

15 Mar 2015 22:00:00 Date when I bought it. 5 years. You think its his time?

Back
Top Bottom