Motors for big lads.

Associate
Hi Guys n Girls

So I'm a chonky guy, who recently had an accident which has caused what I think they call these days "life changing injury's" (Sacral Spinal Cord Injuries) and I need to sell my 2015 Kia Ce'ed and get a SUV/MPV (so I don't have to bend down to get in). Iv'e ruled out a true 4x4 since it attracts the full road tax. I wanted to ask the hive mind, what SUV/MPV have what I shall say a "generous" sized driver seat with small to none side leg bolsters. Currently in the Ceed the small/medium driver seat I spill over onto the side bolsters which is now putting pressure on my legs and lower bum which since the injury will cause my back to go into spasm. Since we are still in lock down I have been unable to go out and sit in a car to see how it fits so I thought I would ask on here to see what the community would suggest.

Many thanks.

Associate
a lot will come down to your budget. I am a big lad myself and have been in a handful of SUV's, the lexus RX is a very comfy place to be and so is ther Volvo XC90. One friend has a Land Cruiser and that was a very comfy ride from passenager seat.

Associate
OP
Oh sorry yes I totally forgot to say a budget.

I have looked on Auto trader and a 65 plate Kia Ceed 3 ISG with average miles at a general second car place seems to go for £7,000 to £7,250, my car has less than 35k miles so should be worth more. It has full main dealer service history and I had the more expensive air con gassed last year so shouldn't need to doing this year (Aug service). So as a part ex would I be safe in thinking I would get minimum £6,000? I have £3,000 saved up I would be able to borrow up to £7,200 MAX for everything (Insurance, tax, warranty et al).

I had been looking at BMW X3 SE 3.0D models but without being able to get out there to get bum in seat I just cannot tell if I would fit. But I would gladly take a reality check for what my back needs rather than what my heart/head wants.

Man of Honour
Would that limit you to 60mph on A and M roads since a commercial vehicle?

Depends on the pickup - double cabs, dual purpose ones are mostly exempt from van speed limits but there are some exceptions that aren't covered by that due to things like the overall vehicle weight.

Soldato
A better diet and light exercise within your physical constraints.

Yea sorry to sound like an ***hole but I agree here.

Back injury or not you'll burn about 1000 calories a day at least doing literally nothing, eat less calories than that and you'll loose weight, it's as simple as that.

Probably do a world of good for you.

Caporegime
I have always thought seats are pretty much the same size no matter the car. It's the space around them that changes. My little Suzuki seats are similar in size to my Saab which is a big car.

If you can't fit in the seat of a Kia Ce'ed then a bigger car isn't going to help. Maybe a van or something with a bench seat but not sure if they even exist these days?

Back
Top Bottom