Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Man of Honour
I've been playing a lot of OpenRA in the last few years but decided to order this as it looks like a fair amount of effort has gone into it :)

I still have my original C&C, RA1 and Tib Sun boxed games :D

Soldato
Spent many house playing these when I was younger. I remember RA via a 36k modem. Fun times.

That being said the game I enjoyed most was probably Generals. I'd rather see a remake of that as I found the various elements more interesting, and the unique strengths and weaknesses seemed to be more balanced.

Associate
If this is successful they'll probably do more. I'd love to see RA2 remastered, and Generals. After that I'd like to see a new game.

Soldato
I've a feeling after initial interest this will wain. Hopefully not but on playing the originals a few years ago, getting past the graphics the first game was bad imo (stunning in 1995 yes). Will wait fir reviews I think.

Associate
Gonna wait for reviews as it's EA afterall.

But Nod first for me.

Multiplayer i would like to get into if it's good. The click simulator and base walking of the originals is something i don't wish to play. Even after playing openra's pvp, there are annoying issues with balance. But i reserve judgement.

For the price, single player nostalgia alone is good value.

Soldato
I've a feeling after initial interest this will wain. Hopefully not but on playing the originals a few years ago, getting past the graphics the first game was bad imo (stunning in 1995 yes). Will wait fir reviews I think.

What do you find bad about the original game play? Click on units tell them to attack something or guard something. Get Tiberium build stuff. It's the same as every other one in the genre.

Soldato
What do you find bad about the original game play? Click on units tell them to attack something or guard something. Get Tiberium build stuff. It's the same as every other one in the genre.

My problem is likely personal. I loved C&C until it became bad and have tried every similar rts since. I can't seem to capture the feeling I once had when playing this type of game. I'm older and I think that's why. Time has killed my ability to have fun at pc gaming I think in general.

Soldato
I never played C&C passed Tiberium Dawn. Dune 2000, Red Alert to Yuri's Revenge, and then Generals. Everything else I remember getting absolutely slated in the reviews so didn't bother.

Dune and C&C have aged the worst for me.

The marine warfare in Red Alert was a bit pointless.

Back
Top Bottom