Coronavirus riding

Soldato
I had a belting day out on the XR today. Early start at 7am, met up with my brother and then headed up to north Norfolk and back. Clocked up a couple of hundred miles by the end. The roads were perfect early on, but were pretty busy on the return. Lots of police and mobile speed cameras about.

I really like north Norfolk I go there a lot. In-laws have a static caravan at pinewoods in wells.

Soldato
There are some decent roads up there, for sure. We've a holiday home just outside Holt. Wells is lovely.

Yea friends of ours have one in letheringset literally next door. I have been to Holt a couple of times.

It's a nice ride up there from here, from home, then via downham market, swaffam, fakenham then up.

I've walked the coastline all the way from heacham as far as Sheringham (not in one day!) and I've walked back from Morston west up that spit where all the seals live at the end, it's really eerie up there like your on another planet or something not a soul around.

I bet it was/is bloody busy around the coast though, I love wells but actually when it's heaving i try and avoid it.

Edit: actually Morston is where the boats go from to walk up there I think it was more towards salthouse or cley you need to walk from, anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is one of my favourite parts of the country, hence why we bought up there. We didn't go to the coast today though - as you say, it would have been busy, although they're being very well policed unlike some other parts of the country. Letheringset's King's Head is decent to eat at - nice setting.

It is fantastic walk around the whole coast, and most people head for Blakeney for the seals. They're very accessible by boat from there, but (outside walking range) you can just rock up and see them around Happisburgh.

Soldato
Did my ride down to stanborough park, just went down the A1 in the end, did have a good walk around the park so actually did my exercise and justified the 150 mile round trip lol.

On the way back I went via Hertford, then up the A10 to Royston, then up the 1198 to where I live.

Was nice walking around the park, there used to be a big waterpark in there I went a few times as a kid and have fond memories of the place. The waterpark is long gone, and after 25 odd years the place seems a lot more overgrown and a lot smaller than I remember.

Yesterday I headed north west into Lincolnshire and around Rutland, some nice roads there, the A6003 down from Rutland water to Rockingham was good.

Might head to North Norfolk tomorrow, go and see the sea.

Back
Top Bottom