Removing hard water streaks from shower glass...which product?

Associate
Viakal is the stuff. For any difficult areas with lots of marking - spray it on and then put a piece of kitchen towel over the area - it will hold the liquid in place better. Leave for 30 mins then clean.

Commissario
Viakal to clean the streaks off.
Any shower spray used every day to minimise the streaks in future, we use one by Method as it smells nicest :D

Soldato
Two ways, either through abrasion with something like a cream cleaner and elbow grease or an acid based cleaner like Viakal.

Just don't use something like fluoroantimonic acid as you'll dissolve the glass and cause a great big explosion. ;)

Man of Honour
Two ways, either through abrasion with something like a cream cleaner and elbow grease or an acid based cleaner like Viakal.

Just don't use something like fluoroantimonic acid as you'll dissolve the glass and cause a great big explosion. ;)
My ex's mother cleaned our shower with something, and after sitting there for a few minutes in the sun the glass door literally exploded, there were bits everywhere. Made one hell of a racket, luckily nobody was in the room.

Soldato
A water softener is the ultimate answer if that is an option. When my wife ordered it I was sceptical but it is fantastic.

Under rated comment here, eliminate the cause of the problem.

Which softener have you got? I'd like to get a whole house one but probably have a bypass to a drinking water tap.

Soldato

Which softener have you got? I'd like to get a whole house one but probably have a bypass to a drinking water tap.

I got a water softener (kinetico premier compact) as my wife suffers from eczema. Don't have to worry about limescale anywhere in the house now and my wife isn't scratching like crazy in the night any more. I have a separate water drinking tap which has a filter on it.

Man of Honour

We have a Kinetico something or other. We drink the softened water as we prefer it but it’s easy to rig up a separate bypass.

No more limescale to clean, dishwasher works better, washing machine works better and doesn’t stink. Showers are noticeably better as the water just feels much nicer. It really was money well spent!

Back
Top Bottom