Monitor arms

Caporegime
Considering a monitor arm as in future I may want an uw and 4k monitor for separate things (currently just a uw, but not great for photography, great for work)

I'm guessing it's nigh on impossible to get a dual monitor arm for both?
I mean the monitor I have now is 10kg (with stand).

Would it be best to get two?

If it helps, my desk is a sturdy ikea kitchen worktop, but I don't want to damage it

Man of Honour
I have looked at something similar. I came to the conclusion that two separate Ergotron HX arms would support heavy monitors and allow each to be swung to different positions. This would allow you to move them around to centre the one you wanted at the time.

They are not cheap though.

Soldato
There are arms that support dual monitor. The good ones allow for full range of positions usually has a large horizontal bar with gas piston articulating arms. These cost around £200 and they are desk mounted. So you need a very strong desk!

Alternatively you can look into getting 2 gas articulating arms for wall mount.

Associate
A big online retailer has it's own brand 'basics' monitor arms - which are actually rebranded Ergotrons - I have the rebranded Ergotron LX mounting an Alienware 3418DW

I expect the issue with the dual arm version of the LX might be separating them enough to fit an ultrawide and a 4k monitor in landscape side by side.
If they do fit, then the range of adjustment is likely to be limited, so you might be better off buying 2 of the single arm versions as it only works out to ~£12 more.

I also use an Ikea kitchen worktop as my desk and it seems just fine.

Caporegime
OP
A big online retailer has it's own brand 'basics' monitor arms - which are actually rebranded Ergotrons - I have the rebranded Ergotron LX mounting an Alienware 3418DW

I expect the issue with the dual arm version of the LX might be separating them enough to fit an ultrawide and a 4k monitor in landscape side by side.
If they do fit, then the range of adjustment is likely to be limited, so you might be better off buying 2 of the single arm versions as it only works out to ~£12 more.

I also use an Ikea kitchen worktop as my desk and it seems just fine.

Fantastic.
Think I'll go for a separate arm for each one. Just not worth the risk otherwise

Back
Top Bottom